Corrie Recruitment are looking for a Site Engineer for a project starting in Aberdeen in Summer 2019.
This would be a permanent/salaried position offering a competitive package.
The successful candidate will primarily be involved in the daily inspection of the quality of the work completed onsite.
He/ She, along with the site team will initiate continuous improvements to ensure the project is delivered on time and within budget.
This will ensure the customers’ expectations are met, whilst aligning activities within industry standards.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Build strong working relationships with the Engineering team and sub-contractors.
• Assist in managing systems to enable the progress of work to be reviewed against time, quality, dimensions and quantity.
• Assist in the recording and testing of workmanship and materials, i.e., drainage, concrete, piling, brickwork etc.
• Provide engineering support to ensure technical problems are overcome and technical queries are answered.
• Responsible for setting out works constructed within allowable tolerances.
• Regularly check the setting out points and benchmarks and checking that all setting out instruments and measuring equipment are delivered to site with a calibration certificate and recorded accordingly.
• Ensures workforce understand setting out information has been identified as suitable for the type of work being carried out.
• Responsible for providing and maintaining setting out and dimensional control, to ensure accurate construction of the work.
• Take a proactive approach to managing Health and Safety on site.
• Co-ordinate and supervise temporary works as required.
• Implement a regime of test and inspection plans for all works on site.
• Educated to degree standard in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
• Technical knowledge of construction and best practices.
• An appropriate and valid CSCS / CSR card.
• Full Driving License.
• First Aid at Work
• Sound knowledge of engineering with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience.
• Passionate about construction and building, with good career continuity.
• Sound knowledge of latest building regulations, legislation and Health and Safety.
• Working knowledge in Microsoft Office packages.
Skills & Competencies
• Good communication skills (verbal and written) and able to engage with all stakeholders at all levels.
• Self-motivated. Capable of working on own initiative and able to motivate a team.
• Excellent attention to detail and meticulous planning and organizational skills.
• Good IT and numerical skills.
• Commercial awareness.
• Self-starter able to work within a team setting.
• Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritise.
• An excellent professional demeanor.
• Flexible approach to working hours and various different locations throughout the UK and ROI if required.
To apply please email your CV to email@example.com or call 01463 221073
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE RESPONDED TO
Corrie Recruitment Ltd operates as an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business. You must be a UK resident or have proof of right to work in the UK