Corrie Recruitment are looking to recruit a Bid Manager on behalf of our client who are a nationwide building contractor.
This will be a permanent position based in the Inverness/Moray area.
As Bid Manager, you’ll be responsible for:
Responsible for Bid Management of projects from inception stage through to tender submission and contract award ensuring that the Company’s position is contractually protected and margin opportunities are maximised.
Assisting with the financial/commercial and contractual control of project bids by ensuring that the company is fully reimbursed for works executed, at the appropriate stages of time.
• Ensure the business complies with legislative requirements as part of the CDM Regulations during preconstruction activities.
• Assess significant H&S Risks as part of the overall risk management approach.
• Suggest improvements to company systems so that they address the continuing business needs.
• Continually develop relationships with consultants and clients.
• Ensure that the supply chain is considered to satisfy the requirements of the projects.
• Review the commercial and contractual aspects of the supply chain tenders and offers.
• Utilise and develop the supply chain database
Production & Commercial
• Manage the pre-construction activities for projects.
• Prepare tender price and submission documents for bids
• Prepare budget costs for projects at feasibility stage
• Produce tender reports as required by the Regional Bid Manager and Directors
• Monitor and manage tender correspondence/documents/drawings etc.
• Carry out cost/value investigations in conjunction with Regional Bid Manager and Tender Team
• Understand construction programmes and their implications on costs and bid deliverables.
• Identify and manage risks and opportunities associated with tenders
• Identify value engineering to maximise commercial returns to the business
• Attend external and internal meetings and interviews
• Provide cost advice to external and internal teams
• Evolve historical cost database
• Manage the production of tender deliverables
• Produce cash flow forecasts for clients
• Ensure that the management of bids, from early design stages through to site commencement, is progressed in line with the tender programme and that costs related to the design are fully understood and the company’s position is contractually protected and margin opportunities maximised
• Prepare comprehensive handover documentation of successful tenders from the pre-construction to operational teams and assist in the early integration where necessary.
• Any other duties which may be allocated to you from time to time by the Senior Bid Manager and Directors
To join us, we’re looking for:
• Construction experience in a Bid, Design or Pre-construction capacity
• A formal construction related academic qualification is preferred (Bsc Honours) or equivalent.
• Commercially astute.
• IT literate and numerate.
• Able to identify and assess commercial risk and develop winning strategies for projects.
• Sound knowledge of technical, contractual and procurement techniques.
• Pro-active, collaborates with operational and commercial staff n order to meet or exceed client requirements, identify margin opportunities and manage risk.
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01463 221073.
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE RESPONDED TO
Corrie Recruitment Ltd operates as an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business. You must be a UK resident or have proof of right to work in the UK.