Corrie Recruitment are recruiting for a Design Coordinator on behalf our client for the Aberdeen Harbour Expansion Project.
Purpose of the job
• Provide support and advice to the Design Manager.
• To lead and manage design activities with the Designers.
• Ensure that the design deliverables meet the construction and design programme.
• Engage with the cat III checker to ensure that the design deliverables are reviewed by the checkers on time and comments addressed by the Designer as required.
Accountabilities / key responsibilities
• Coordination of design activities between the Designer, Cat III and any other relevant party.
• Monitoring of design activities carried out by the Design Consultant and associated checking activities to ensure compliance with the Contract programme
• Ensuring that Permanent Works design within a specific Discipline is carried out in compliance with the requirements of the Contract and the requirements of the Contractor
• Coordination of design with the Design Consultant(s), Checker, Road Safety Auditor and 3rd Party Consultation Coordinators and our clients engineering and construction Departments as necessary
• Review of design prior to submission for review (to checkers, 3rd parties and the Client (Project Manager)
• Ensuring that Design Certificates, Design Checking Certificates, Road Safety Audit Certificates and Consultation Certificates are provided and included in submission packages to the Client (Project Manager) as necessary
• Ensuring that changes proposed by the construction team or identified by the Designers or Engineering team are assessed and recorded previously to a change instruction
• Attendance to meetings with Designers, Checkers, Client, 3rd parties, etc and preparation of minutes for such meetings as required.
• Ensure that Temporary Works and Construction sequences are considered in the design of the works as required
Experience, knowledge, qualifications & training
• Have excellent communication (written and verbal), management and organisational skills.
• Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Strong organisational skills.
• IT literate, especially with Microsoft Excel, Word, and CAD.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Structural background required. Marine knowledge is preferable but not necessary.
• A good working knowledge of Health & Safety Regulations, Construction (Design and Management) Regulations and other relevant legislation.
To apply please email your CV to email@example.com or call us on 01463 221073.
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE RESPONDED TO
Corrie Recruitment Ltd operates as an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business. You must be a UK resident or have proof of right to work in the UK.