SeeByte, global market leader in the development of smart software for unmanned maritime systems, are looking to recruit a Software Engineer for a position within our team in our Edinburgh office.
You can expect to be working on SeeByte's Data Processing and long-term Data Management technology, and take part in the development and tuning of techniques for automated sonar, video image processing, recognition and classification approaches for sensor data, as well as navigation techniques, adaptive data sampling and data exfiltration tools used to facilitate control of underwater robots and extend operational capabilities of underwater infrastructures for long term deployment. The output from these technologies must be visualised for human understanding and provides vital input to high level autonomy capabilities. Simulation techniques to model sensors are also investigated.
SeeByte's technologies are used in offshore and mine counter measures applications for both embedded and topside applications, enabling underwater robots to carry out autonomous missions in dangerous environments. Additionally, they allow for the collection and analysis of large quantities of data, related to both the vehicles and the surrounding system, enabling monitoring of the system for extended time periods.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an innovative and forward thinking company with an international client base.
• Competitive salary and shared employee / employer contributory pension
• Generous holiday entitlement and travel compensation scheme
• Flexible working hours policy
• Travel season ticket loan
• Opportunities to travel to great locations like San Diego and work with robots
• Annual company day out
• A "technology day" every quarter to prototype and explore new ideas.
• Online certified training courses and in-house technology training
• Offices in the centre of Edinburgh, a great city to live in!
• Save money on your commute as SeeByte participates in the Cycle to Work scheme
Main Purpose of the Role
• Applicants will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology developing/maintaining data and image processing algorithms, carrying out quantitative analysis of data and developing interfaces to integrate sensor processing technologies with partner's hardware and software systems within the maritime robotics domain.
• The implementation will primarily focus on C++ (Windows and Linux). Support and training will be given to allow you to develop and grow within the role as required and become a highly skilled specialist in the field of data and image processing.
• Graduated with a BSc or an MSc in Software Engineering or a similar numerical degree (2:1 or above)
• Proficient in C++
• Strong numerical and mathematical skills
• An understanding of image and data processing
• Comfortable working with external clients
• Willingness to travel abroad.
• Knowledge of Docker
• Knowledge of Boost, OpenCV
• Knowledge of ROS
• Knowledge of Elastic stack
Experience in at least one of the following areas is desirable:
• Knowledge of data mining/machine learning /deep learning algorithms
• Knowledge of navigation and control technologies
• Version control using GIT
• Software Testing
• Management and processing of Big Data
• Creation/Management of C++ libraries (static/dynamic)
• Web Services
Having completed a University project in one or several of the following areas is also desirable:
• Image processing
• Data Analysis
To apply please send a recent copy of your CV and a cover letter by clicking APPLY now!
Because of the nature of the work associated with this post it is subject to special nationality rules and is open only to British or European Citizens. Applicants with suitable work visas will also be considered. All offers of employment will be conditional to a satisfactory background check.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES