Contract Length: 1 year
Location: Thurso in office, small flexibility to work Monday or Friday from home if no meetings
IR35: In scope
Pay Rate to Candidate: £15.72 per hour PAYE / £21.45 per hour Umbrella
The purpose of the post is to write and review operating instructions as defined in STD0069.
The Job Holder will be responsible for writing operating instructions and supporting compliance against relevant standards and statutory requirements.
• Liaise with stakeholders and undertake plant and system walk downs to assess the validity of maintenance and operating instructions.
• Create new maintenance procedures as required.
• Review and amend current maintenance procedures.
• Prepare operating instructions and implement physical document changes to existing documents on behalf of projects and facilities.
• Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to post.
The position will provide support to project work being carried out in the PCTL, Argon Gas Blanket, Decontamination Area, WASRF decommissioning, IFC and the Buffer Store.
Technical Author input is also required for production of work packs to allow future project work to progress, work on IFBS options papers, and production of ETP Operating Instructions.
Essential Skills, Knowledge & Experience
HNC in Engineering or equivalent qualification plus experience.
Strong experience as Technical Writer / Author
Nuclear experience preferred but not essential.
Health & Safety Risks:
None known to the hirer
If interested in this role then please apply