Vehicle Compliance and Standards Manager
McGill’s Bus Service Ltd is the UK’s largest privately owned Bus Company and employ around 800 employees within four locations based at Greenock, Johnstone, Inchinnan and Coatbridge depots.
We currently have a position available for a Vehicle Compliance and Standards Manager - this role is company wide.
The role is an exciting opportunity to join a fast moving and forward-thinking company. Come and work with the latest technology we are introducing 56 new electric vehicles to the McGill's Buses fleet. As Vehicle Compliance and Standards Manager, what will you be doing? Ensuring that all company vehicles are fully compliant, safe and road worthy to the DVSA and McGill’s buses company standards, at all company locations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Carry out weekly audits at each location, 15% of each depot’s fleet.
• Responsible for vehicle file audits at all locations.
• Ensure the company is fully compliant with DVSA rules and regulations.
• MOT audits are carried out in a timely manner.
• Responsible for equipment audit presence and operation.
• Continuous shunter training on the RTD progress.
• Ensure that RTD checks are being carried out.
• Report to the Engineering Director all audit findings in a timely and efficient manner.
• Ensure Health and Safety procedures are being followed out of hours.
• Responsible for spreadsheet detailing and maintain all vehicle audit/MOT progress and ensuring that this is kept up to date.
Who are we looking for?
• You must possess a full UK driving licence.
• You must be a time served PCV mechanic or a heavy vehicle mechanic. With experience of managing workshop processes.
• A flexible approach to working hours.
• IRTEC or equivalent DVSA inspections training.
• The ability to use and create Excel and Word documents.
What can we offer you?
• Competitive salary based on experience.
• 28 days holiday per year.
• Continual training and development to further your career.
• Unlimited free travel for you and a companion on McGill’s bus services.
• We will also provide you with all necessary PPE and specialist equipment.
Hours of work will be based on the requirements of the job, minimum of 40 hours working.
If you are looking for the next step in your career, and would like to apply for the above vacancy, please send your CV and cover letter to Mr Russell Henderson, Engineering Director, McGill’s Bus Service Ltd at: Russell.firstname.lastname@example.org
Advert at 19.10.2021