McGill’s Bus Service Ltd
Engineering Manager - Renfrewshire
McGill’s Bus Service Ltd is the UK’s largest privately owned Bus Company and employ around 800 employees within four locations based at Greenock, Johnstone, Inchinnan and Coatbridge depots.
We currently have a position available for an Engineering Manager working at one of our Renfrewshire depots.
The role is an exciting opportunity to join a fast moving and forward-thinking company. Come and work on the latest technology we are introducing 56 new electric vehicles to the McGill's Buses fleet. As Engineering Manager, what will you be doing? You will be working Monday-Friday dayshift (flexibility is required), providing leadership and guidance to the engineers and supervisors working under you.
• The primary role is to carry out a wide range of duties which includes managing the Engineering workshop to ensure that all Health & Safety requirements are met and that all vehicles are repaired to the highest standards.
• Carry out Depot inspections to ensure that all equipment is maintained to the required standard.
• Manage the vehicle inspection program, carry out pre-MOT inspections.
• Complete all Company paperwork including inspection, defect, mileage, KPI (Key Performance Indicators), wages and audit reports to appropriate Departments on a weekly basis.
• Liaise with the Operations Department to provide daily peak vehicle requirements.
• Organise the manpower resource to provide optimum cover for the business needs.
• Ensure Company records and Depot equipment is within compliance to McGill’s standards.
• Assist in the smooth Managerial operation of the Engineering Department as required by the Engineering Director within the budget requirements.
Who are we looking for?
• You must possess a full UK driving licence.
• You must be a time served PCV mechanic or a heavy vehicle mechanic.
• A PCV licence is desirable, however not essential.
• An aptitude to develop others within the engineering team to improve efficiencies. Ability to work under pressure and as part of a close-knit team.
• A flexible approach to working hours.
What can we offer you?
• Competitive salary 47K per annum.
• 28 days holiday per year.
• Continual training and development to further your career.
• Unlimited free travel for you and a companion on McGill’s buses services.
• We will also provide you with all necessary PPE and specialist equipment.
If you are looking for the next step in your career, and would like to apply for the above vacancy, please send your CV