PCV/HGV Mechanic Vacancy – McGill’s Johnstone Depot
McGill’s Bus Service Ltd is Scotland’s largest independent Bus Company, with Depots across Greenock, Inchinnan, Johnstone, and Coatbridge. We’re looking to recruit a PCV/HGV Mechanic based at our Johnstone depot, to carry out a wide range of repairs on Company vehicles.
The role is an exciting opportunity to join a forward thinking organisation and a great team, where you will deal with a range of systems to diagnose and repair a variation of vehicles.
• To carry out vehicle repair diagnosis on any Company fleet
• To complete internal paperwork and sign off on any repair undertaken
• To carry out all repairs to Company standard on vehicle safety and presentation
• To lend support to the Engineering team to find fault and diagnose faults on any vehicle as required by the Line Manager
• To keep up to date with legislative changes and legal requirements
• To comply with McGill’s Health & Safety policy
• To participate in any relevant training in order to develop job skills, knowledge and service standard
• Any other duties as required by the Engineering Manager
The successful candidate must be a time served, fully qualified PCV or HGV Mechanic and hold the appropriate City & Guilds or equivalent qualification. PCV licence is desired but not essential.
40 hour working week, working 5 days over 7, with the opportunity of working overtime as and when required
Benefits include Company pension, rates of pay up are very competitive depending on experience and skills.
To apply for this post please send your CV/cover letter to Engineering Manager Mr Jim McFarlane