Job Title: Account Manager – Creative (1 year Fixed-Term Maternity Cover)
We are Sterling; a technology driven communication solutions agency and print production company. We build campaigns that bring people into your world, generate solutions that turn your visions into reality and create collateral that meets your needs.
We work alongside our clients listening, consulting and advising at every stage. No matter the scope, complexity or objective of the work, all our clients receive the same dedicated level of service, passionate creativity and desire to innovate.
Our approach is built on cultivating successful, long-term partnerships with clients and suppliers alike. We aspire to foster relationships based on trust, co-operation and natural synergy. We understand that every company is unique; every solution should reflect that.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a close knit, hardworking team who strive to deliver excellence at all times, this job will be varied and guarantees that no two days will be the same. It will be hard work, but very rewarding and a great opportunity for someone who has experience within the creative industry to join a company with a fantastic reputation and huge ambition.
This will be a client facing role, you will have the ability to discuss concepts with colleagues, and able to translate complex information in a way that clients will understand. We have recently brought to market a number of digital/technology driven products, this role will help deliver these products to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities (not limited to the following):
• Liaise with all key account contacts, develop each account to increase revenue, keep up to speed with Business developments and identify and develop opportunities.
• Work with clients to identify best solutions.
• Excellent problem solving and pro-activeness skills.
• Commercially minded, looking at where we can add value.
• Liaise with internal teams to plan, develop and deliver appropriate products/solutions.
• Produce schedules and write design briefs.
• Project manage deliverables.
• Proof and check work to ensure 100% accuracy.
• Manage client’s budgets – making sure work is delivered on time and on budget.
• Keep clients up to date at all times.
• Resolve issues timely.
• Estimate design work with support from Creative Director and Account Director.
• Make sure all work is invoiced correctly and on time.
• Attend client meetings, trade events, networking opportunities when required.
Essential Experience & Skills:
• Outstanding account management skills and a good understanding of building positive relationships with clients.
• Experience as a client in a relevant business environment and/or experience managing
accounts in a supplier environment.
• Experience in Marketing or Communications, planning and delivering campaigns with
multiple elements and channels.
• Experience working in a design environment including briefing, managing and
• Financial management.
• A good understanding of print/production.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
• Able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
• Driven and confident to get results in the right way.
• MAC or PC literate.
• Able to deliver high levels of accurate, quality work with exceptional attention to detail.
• Experience in the Education, Financial or Catalogue sectors would be an advantage.
• Experience managing data driven multiple page documents such as catalogues,
reports or prospectuses.
• Experience managing and delivering digital solutions to customers.