Jobs in West Dunbartonshire
West Dunbartonshire is situated to the West of Glasgow ,with Clydebank and Dumbarton being the main population centres.The region too has a large are of rural coverage including the National Park of the Trossachs and Loch Lomond.
As a whole the Population of West Dunbartonshire is approximately 91,000 ,with around 63% of that total being of working age.Historically the area of West Dunbartonshire along the River Clyde hub was of the traditional industries,
heavy engineering and ship building,which have long gone.It's area of note for industrial creation the Area is famous for the manufacture of Singer sewing machines,from the small town of Singer.
Nowadays the Public sector is responsible for the highest numbers of employment .West Dunbartonshire Council employs around 6000 people,whilst the NHS is also a leading employer.In the private sector service industries including retail ,finance,transport are found within the urban centres whilst across the rural areas of the region construction, agriculture,leisure and hospitality industries employ many hundreds.
Find the latest jobs in Dumbarton and across West Dunbartonshire here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- Sick Pay at Work
- Unfortunately it may just be the case that you get ill or injured and need to be absent from work for prolonged periods of time .To ge you through this period of illness you might ...
- Fun and Humour and It's Workplace Benefits
- Within a modern society there are many who view people who crack jokes and gags are seen as a joker and not to be taken seriously, especially in their place of work.The truth of ...
- Fishing as a career in Scotland Part 2
- Did you leave school and go straight to work on a trawler ?I always knew I wanted to go to sea,my mother wanted me to get a trade but I wasn’t interested,it was the sea for ...
- Fishing as a career in Scotland Part 1
- Fishing in rural and coastal areas of Scotland is an integral part of their local economy .The industry ,according to 2016 figures published by the Scottish government ,provides ...