West Dunbartonshire is situated to the West of Glasgow City ,with Clydebank and Dumbarton being the main population centres.The region too has a large are of rural coverage including the National Park of the Trossachs and Loch Lomond.
As a whole the Population of West Dunbartonshire is approximately 90,000 ,with around 63% of that total being of working age.Historically the area of West Dunbartonshire along the River Clyde hub was of the traditional industries,
heavy engineering and ship building,which have long gone.It's area of note for industrial creation the Area is famous for the manufacture of Singer sewing machines,from the small town of Singer.
Nowadays the Public sector is responsible for the highest numbers of employment .West Dunbartonshire Council employs around 6000 people,whilst the NHS is also a leading employer.In the private sector service industries including retail ,finance,transport are found within the urban centres whilst across the rural areas of the region construction, agriculture,leisure and hospitality industries employ many hundreds.
Find the latest jobs in West Dunbartonshire here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- Piping Design as a Career
- Colin Black has worked as a piping designer for over 30 years, working on the designing of oil rigs, and travelling abroad to a number of different countries across the world.In ...
- Life as a Female Jump Jockey
- Gender inequality in the workplace has become a serious issue of discussion in recent times from office cubicles to parliamentary debates. However once less explored area of ...
- You Didn't Get the Job You Wanted
- Rejection is tough, there is no doubt about it. Often we come from it feeling like a failure…but rejection and failure are not the same things! In fact, rejection goes hand in ...
- The Importance of Having a Pension
- The concept of retirement is somewhat novel in the West and in some areas of the world, doesn’t even exist. Whether or not you decide to retire is up to yourself and your personal ...