Tourism is one of the largest employment sectors in Scotland, with over 160,000 people employed in the industry. Covering everything from customer service and hospitality to events management this diverse sector offers something for everyone.
Unlike many other holiday hotspots Scotland is a popular tourist destination all year round. Summer is still the busiest season but world famous attractions such as Edinburgh Castle and Loch Ness help pull in the crowds at any time of year. This makes sure there is always high demand for skilled and experienced customer service agents, tourist guides and booking staff both on a full-time and part-time basis.
Scotland also attracts visitors from all over the world, making employees with language skills particularly sought after. If you have a flair for foreign languages and enjoy working with the public you’ll find a career in tourism very rewarding.
In recent years there has been a surge in the number of tourists visiting Scotland for specific events. Both the Edinburgh Military Tattoo and the city’s Hogmanay party are very popular with millions of visitors attending every year. Annual music festivals like T in the Park and sporting events like the Ryder Cup have also added to Scotland’s reputation as an ideal location in which to host international events.
All this makes Scotland the ideal place to look for a position in events management. If you are looking for a position as an events manager, co-ordinator or possibly a temporary hospitality-based job, Scotland is the ideal place to look. Search jobs below to find out about the latest tourism jobs available.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
Find all the latest tourism jobs in Scotland here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- Small Business Focus
- The excitement of running a business is always enticing, but the journey towards success is not an easy one. Studies have shown that a vast majority of new businesses rarely ...
- What to keep in mind in an online job interview
- What to keep in mind in an online job interviewThe global economy has been hit hard by the coronavirus and as a result, many employers are firing or sending their employees on ...
- 7 Steps Hr Do To Support Their Employees Succeed
- Great leaders want to guarantee their group is participated in their job, really feeling completely satisfied, as well as doing at their personal ideal. However, for those ...
- Very Quick Fire Q & A with Big Phil Campion
- Here we touch base with Phil Campion .Phil served with distinction in combat operations around the globe as a soldier in the regular Armed Forces -Royal ...