Tourism is one of the largest employment sectors in Scotland, with over 160,000 people employed in the industry. Covering everything from customer service and hospitality to events management this diverse sector offers something for everyone.
Unlike many other holiday hotspots Scotland is a popular tourist destination all year round. Summer is still the busiest season but world famous attractions such as Edinburgh Castle and Loch Ness help pull in the crowds at any time of year. This makes sure there is always high demand for skilled and experienced customer service agents, tourist guides and booking staff both on a full-time and part-time basis.
Scotland also attracts visitors from all over the world, making employees with language skills particularly sought after. If you have a flair for foreign languages and enjoy working with the public you’ll find a career in tourism very rewarding.
In recent years there has been a surge in the number of tourists visiting Scotland for specific events. Both the Edinburgh Military Tattoo and the city’s Hogmanay party are very popular with millions of visitors attending every year. Annual music festivals like T in the Park and sporting events like the Ryder Cup have also added to Scotland’s reputation as an ideal location in which to host international events.
All this makes Scotland the ideal place to look for a position in events management. If you are looking for a position as an events manager, co-ordinator or possibly a temporary hospitality-based job, Scotland is the ideal place to look. Search jobs below to find out about the latest tourism jobs available.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
Find all the latest tourism jobs in Scotland here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- Hiring a Chef and the Challenges it Brings
- Hiring a chef is one of the biggest challenges for a restaurateur. Finding an able, able, and persevering chef for your restaurant can have a craving for searching for a needle in ...
- How to Best Exploit the Service of a Life Coach
- 5 Types of People to Avoid and Surround Yourself With Because you cannot live in this vast world alone, you definitely need to learn how to live with people. A life ...
- 10 Crucial Mistakes to Avoid in Your Resume
- Your resume is your chance to show potential employers that you have what it takes. While most fear the interview part of the employment process, the resume is actually the ...
- Essential Tips for Boosting Career Development
- Every student graduating from higher education institutions always have great expectations in boosting their career development which is a must if you want to gain the maximum ...