Tourism is one of the largest employment sectors in Scotland, with over 160,000 people employed in the industry. Covering everything from customer service and hospitality to events management this diverse sector offers something for everyone.
Unlike many other holiday hotspots Scotland is a popular tourist destination all year round. Summer is still the busiest season but world famous attractions such as Edinburgh Castle and Loch Ness help pull in the crowds at any time of year. This makes sure there is always high demand for skilled and experienced customer service agents, tourist guides and booking staff both on a full-time and part-time basis.
Scotland also attracts visitors from all over the world, making employees with language skills particularly sought after. If you have a flair for foreign languages and enjoy working with the public you’ll find a career in tourism very rewarding.
In recent years there has been a surge in the number of tourists visiting Scotland for specific events. Both the Edinburgh Military Tattoo and the city’s Hogmanay party are very popular with millions of visitors attending every year. Annual music festivals like T in the Park and sporting events like the Ryder Cup have also added to Scotland’s reputation as an ideal location in which to host international events.
All this makes Scotland the ideal place to look for a position in events management. If you are looking for a position as an events manager, co-ordinator or possibly a temporary hospitality-based job, Scotland is the ideal place to look. Search jobs below to find out about the latest tourism jobs available.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
Find all the latest tourism jobs in Scotland here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- Piping Design as a Career
- Colin Black has worked as a piping designer for over 30 years, working on the designing of oil rigs, and travelling abroad to a number of different countries across the world.In ...
- Life as a Female Jump Jockey
- Gender inequality in the workplace has become a serious issue of discussion in recent times from office cubicles to parliamentary debates. However once less explored area of ...
- You Didn't Get the Job You Wanted
- Rejection is tough, there is no doubt about it. Often we come from it feeling like a failure…but rejection and failure are not the same things! In fact, rejection goes hand in ...
- The Importance of Having a Pension
- The concept of retirement is somewhat novel in the West and in some areas of the world, doesn’t even exist. Whether or not you decide to retire is up to yourself and your personal ...