Tourism is one of the largest employment sectors in Scotland, with over 160,000 people employed in the industry. Covering everything from customer service and hospitality to events management this diverse sector offers something for everyone.
Unlike many other holiday hotspots Scotland is a popular tourist destination all year round. Summer is still the busiest season but world famous attractions such as Edinburgh Castle and Loch Ness help pull in the crowds at any time of year. This makes sure there is always high demand for skilled and experienced customer service agents, tourist guides and booking staff both on a full-time and part-time basis.
Scotland also attracts visitors from all over the world, making employees with language skills particularly sought after. If you have a flair for foreign languages and enjoy working with the public you’ll find a career in tourism very rewarding.
In recent years there has been a surge in the number of tourists visiting Scotland for specific events. Both the Edinburgh Military Tattoo and the city’s Hogmanay party are very popular with millions of visitors attending every year. Annual music festivals like T in the Park and sporting events like the Ryder Cup have also added to Scotland’s reputation as an ideal location in which to host international events.
All this makes Scotland the ideal place to look for a position in events management. If you are looking for a position as an events manager, co-ordinator or possibly a temporary hospitality-based job, Scotland is the ideal place to look. Search jobs below to find out about the latest tourism jobs available.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
Find all the latest tourism jobs in Scotland here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- How the Clothes We Wear to Work Affect Our Performance
- Whenever we consider clothing, aspects such as fashionability, comfort, and physical performance often come to mind. However, it turns out that clothes can be much more important ...
- 4 Creative Office Gym Designs To Promote Fitness In The Workplace
- Today’s professionals spend long hours sitting at desks, staring at computer screens. They also lead busy lives with limited time to squeeze in workouts between work and ...
- Challenges you will face on the road to becoming a CEO
- There is no hard and fast recipe as such that will help you rise to the top till you become a great CEO. Alongside the usual qualities of intelligence, persistence, and patience ...
- What Makes the Perfect SIM Plan for Remote Working
- The need for a SIM plan might arise for a number of reasons when working remotely. For starters, a SIM plan can offer you back up when dealing with slow internet. It can also be a ...