Tourism is one of the largest employment sectors in Scotland, with over 160,000 people employed in the industry. Covering everything from customer service and hospitality to events management this diverse sector offers something for everyone.
Unlike many other holiday hotspots Scotland is a popular tourist destination all year round. Summer is still the busiest season but world famous attractions such as Edinburgh Castle and Loch Ness help pull in the crowds at any time of year. This makes sure there is always high demand for skilled and experienced customer service agents, tourist guides and booking staff both on a full-time and part-time basis.
Scotland also attracts visitors from all over the world, making employees with language skills particularly sought after. If you have a flair for foreign languages and enjoy working with the public you’ll find a career in tourism very rewarding.
In recent years there has been a surge in the number of tourists visiting Scotland for specific events. Both the Edinburgh Military Tattoo and the city’s Hogmanay party are very popular with millions of visitors attending every year. Annual music festivals like T in the Park and sporting events like the Ryder Cup have also added to Scotland’s reputation as an ideal location in which to host international events.
All this makes Scotland the ideal place to look for a position in events management. If you are looking for a position as an events manager, co-ordinator or possibly a temporary hospitality-based job, Scotland is the ideal place to look. Search jobs below to find out about the latest tourism jobs available.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
Find all the latest tourism jobs in Scotland here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- How to Build a Career in Trade Finance
- Exporters and importers might not always know their business partners well, and may not feel comfortable trading without the guarantee they will receive the right goods or a ...
- What Is the Importance of Appearance in a Job Interview?
- We as a society went forward enough that it’s safe to say that your outfit won’t make or break your chances of getting a job (unless you’re working in fashion). But can looking ...
- Steps To Improve Employee Engagement in 2022
- Since the beginning of the industry and organized work, businesses relied on employees’ energy, commitment and engagement to stand out from the competition and make a ...
- Green Tips For An Environmentally Friendly Office
- Employees and their employers spend about a third of their working days at the office and though there could be some oblivion about how their daily activities affect the ...