Tourism is one of the largest employment sectors in Scotland, with over 160,000 people employed in the industry. Covering everything from customer service and hospitality to events management this diverse sector offers something for everyone.
Unlike many other holiday hotspots Scotland is a popular tourist destination all year round. Summer is still the busiest season but world famous attractions such as Edinburgh Castle and Loch Ness help pull in the crowds at any time of year. This makes sure there is always high demand for skilled and experienced customer service agents, tourist guides and booking staff both on a full-time and part-time basis.
Scotland also attracts visitors from all over the world, making employees with language skills particularly sought after. If you have a flair for foreign languages and enjoy working with the public you’ll find a career in tourism very rewarding.
In recent years there has been a surge in the number of tourists visiting Scotland for specific events. Both the Edinburgh Military Tattoo and the city’s Hogmanay party are very popular with millions of visitors attending every year. Annual music festivals like T in the Park and sporting events like the Ryder Cup have also added to Scotland’s reputation as an ideal location in which to host international events.
All this makes Scotland the ideal place to look for a position in events management. If you are looking for a position as an events manager, co-ordinator or possibly a temporary hospitality-based job, Scotland is the ideal place to look. Search jobs below to find out about the latest tourism jobs available.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
Find all the latest tourism jobs in Scotland here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- In 5 Easy Steps, You Can Become a Professional English Teacher
- Teaching is one of the most fulfilling professions on the planet.There's nothing quite about seeing the students achieve their goals. It makes you proud when they complete their ...
- 7 In-Demand Skills to Develop to Land More Jobs in the New Normal
- Life in the new normal is expected to be anything but normal. We’re already experiencing major consequences of the pandemic, with so many people losing their jobs, or abandoning ...
- 5 Reasons Why Social Responsibility is Important for Your Organization
- Social responsibility has been growing in charts for the last few years. More and more companies are jumping on this bandwagon every year. Companies use social responsibility for ...
- How to find a job without experience
- Are you on the search for a job? If it is your first job search, then you may be worried that you don’t have much experience. However, we have all been there! Starting your ...