Tourism is one of the largest employment sectors in Scotland, with over 160,000 people employed in the industry. Covering everything from customer service and hospitality to events management this diverse sector offers something for everyone.
Unlike many other holiday hotspots Scotland is a popular tourist destination all year round. Summer is still the busiest season but world famous attractions such as Edinburgh Castle and Loch Ness help pull in the crowds at any time of year. This makes sure there is always high demand for skilled and experienced customer service agents, tourist guides and booking staff both on a full-time and part-time basis.
Scotland also attracts visitors from all over the world, making employees with language skills particularly sought after. If you have a flair for foreign languages and enjoy working with the public you’ll find a career in tourism very rewarding.
In recent years there has been a surge in the number of tourists visiting Scotland for specific events. Both the Edinburgh Military Tattoo and the city’s Hogmanay party are very popular with millions of visitors attending every year. Annual music festivals like T in the Park and sporting events like the Ryder Cup have also added to Scotland’s reputation as an ideal location in which to host international events.
All this makes Scotland the ideal place to look for a position in events management. If you are looking for a position as an events manager, co-ordinator or possibly a temporary hospitality-based job, Scotland is the ideal place to look. Search jobs below to find out about the latest tourism jobs available.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
Find all the latest tourism jobs in Scotland here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- Ever Thought of Teaching English as Foreign Language
- Have you ever thought of teaching English as a foreign language .Here we touch base with Dylan Blyth who has just done that in China . Was it always your ambition to ...
- Office Party Season ..Again
- As the famous line goes …”IT’S’CHRISTMASSSS “ yes it is nearly upon us again.It seems to come along quicker each year .It also the green light for the office and worksparty season ...
- Sick Pay at Work
- Unfortunately it may just be the case that you get ill or injured and need to be absent from work for prolonged periods of time .To ge you through this period of illness you might ...
- Fun and Humour and It's Workplace Benefits
- Within a modern society there are many who view people who crack jokes and gags are seen as a joker and not to be taken seriously, especially in their place of work.The truth of ...