Tourism is one of the largest employment sectors in Scotland, with over 160,000 people employed in the industry. Covering everything from customer service and hospitality to events management this diverse sector offers something for everyone.
Unlike many other holiday hotspots Scotland is a popular tourist destination all year round. Summer is still the busiest season but world famous attractions such as Edinburgh Castle and Loch Ness help pull in the crowds at any time of year. This makes sure there is always high demand for skilled and experienced customer service agents, tourist guides and booking staff both on a full-time and part-time basis.
Scotland also attracts visitors from all over the world, making employees with language skills particularly sought after. If you have a flair for foreign languages and enjoy working with the public you’ll find a career in tourism very rewarding.
In recent years there has been a surge in the number of tourists visiting Scotland for specific events. Both the Edinburgh Military Tattoo and the city’s Hogmanay party are very popular with millions of visitors attending every year. Annual music festivals like T in the Park and sporting events like the Ryder Cup have also added to Scotland’s reputation as an ideal location in which to host international events.
All this makes Scotland the ideal place to look for a position in events management. If you are looking for a position as an events manager, co-ordinator or possibly a temporary hospitality-based job, Scotland is the ideal place to look. Search jobs below to find out about the latest tourism jobs available.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
Find all the latest tourism jobs in Scotland here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- The benefits of creating a career development plan (series 3-4)
- Creating your own career development planIt’s not just those working for you who can benefit from having a clear guide to follow. It can be hard to know what targets to set ...
- The benefits of creating a career development plan (series 2-4)
- What better place to start than with your employees themselves? It’s all well and good you sitting down and deciding what someone should be aiming for, but this approach may be ...
- The benefits of creating a career development plan (series 1-4)
- With reports suggesting that each day as many as one million people miss work because of stress, this could make a massive difference in your place of work. There’s a comfort in ...
- The benefits of creating a career development plan
- Setting clear objectivesObjectives and goals are the key of any successful business. OKRs (objectives and key results) are a go-to for lots of highly successful companies. These ...