Tourism is one of the largest employment sectors in Scotland, with over 160,000 people employed in the industry. Covering everything from customer service and hospitality to events management this diverse sector offers something for everyone.
Unlike many other holiday hotspots Scotland is a popular tourist destination all year round. Summer is still the busiest season but world famous attractions such as Edinburgh Castle and Loch Ness help pull in the crowds at any time of year. This makes sure there is always high demand for skilled and experienced customer service agents, tourist guides and booking staff both on a full-time and part-time basis.
Scotland also attracts visitors from all over the world, making employees with language skills particularly sought after. If you have a flair for foreign languages and enjoy working with the public you’ll find a career in tourism very rewarding.
In recent years there has been a surge in the number of tourists visiting Scotland for specific events. Both the Edinburgh Military Tattoo and the city’s Hogmanay party are very popular with millions of visitors attending every year. Annual music festivals like T in the Park and sporting events like the Ryder Cup have also added to Scotland’s reputation as an ideal location in which to host international events.
All this makes Scotland the ideal place to look for a position in events management. If you are looking for a position as an events manager, co-ordinator or possibly a temporary hospitality-based job, Scotland is the ideal place to look. Search jobs below to find out about the latest tourism jobs available.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
Find all the latest tourism jobs in Scotland here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- The More Unusual Jobs of the World
- You might think your 9-5 is challenging. Maybe you come into the office faced with an Everest of paperwork or have hours of back-breaking labour ahead. But do you ever come into ...
- A Blast from the Past - Scotjobsnet on You Tube
- Here is our promo video from 2007 for Scotjobnet ,then known as scottishjobsonthe.net ( we decided to shorten the domain for obvious reasons ,of the original being a bit long ) ...
- Improving Concentration and Focus at Work
- A study conducted by Microsoft (2015) suggests that the average attention span of any human being is 8 seconds. Not 8 hours. Not even 8 minutes. That figure has been in decline ...
- A Career in Online Sales
- With Cyber Mondays and Black Fridays and sales all year round, shoppers are in the constant frenzy for consumer spending. The development of the online sales sector, hugely ...