Scottish Borders Jobs - Find jobs in Scottish Borders
Sitting in the eastern area of the Southern Uplands, the Scottish Borders is one of the 32 council areas of Scotland. Bordered North by East Lothian and Mid Lothian, South and East by the English counties of Cumbria and Northumberland, and Dumfries and Galloway to the west, the administrative heart of the Scottish Borders area is Newtown St Boswells, with the main towns in the region including Hawick, Peebles and Kelso.
The Scottish Borders population is around 114,150.Unemployment levels for the Scottish Borders appears to be lower than that for Scotland as a whole. For example recent studies have shown the unemployment rate for 2012/13 in the Scottish Borders region to be 5.6% for men against a Scotland-wide average of 8.9%. Figures for women show similar trends. Female unemployment for 2012 in the Scottish Borders is marked at 6.2% against a Scottish average of 6.9%. However, mean salary average shows the Scottish Borders sitting below Scotland as a whole; at £449.50 against £498.30 respectively.
The Scottish Borders has a smaller level of people without any qualifications than the whole of Scotland and the rest of the UK. It is has a marked advantage over the UK at all NVQ2 levels and above and indeed, statistics indicate that there is a pool of good quality, educated workers in the Borders region.
The Scottish Borders is home to many vibrant small and medium-sized businesses. Key sectors in the area include agriculture and food, forestry, design and textiles, leisure and tourism, and the creative industries. Indeed, there is a significant agricultural industry in the Scottish Borders area, with a higher than Scottish average proportion of arable crops and larger than average farms. The Borders area also has a relatively high proportion of employment focused in the manufacturing industries; 13.3% in the Scottish Borders against 8.7% in Scotland as a whole.
The re-opening of the Waverley line is an exciting development too for the borders,44 years without a railway connection to the North following the Beeching cuts of the 1960’s, the rail connection which re-opens in 2015, will have an undoubted boost to both the economy and employment.
For the the latest jobs in Hawick ,Kelso ,Galashiels and across theScottish Borders you will find them here on scotjobsnet.
Click on the Details/Apply button next to each job to see the full posting, or check the boxes next to the jobs that interest you and click View Selected to see several jobs together. You may also add one or more jobs to your Wish List by clicking on the check boxes next to them and then clicking Add to Wish List.
9 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 9.
Find all the latest jobs in the Scottish borders here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
9 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 9.
- Small Business Focus
- The excitement of running a business is always enticing, but the journey towards success is not an easy one. Studies have shown that a vast majority of new businesses rarely ...
- What to keep in mind in an online job interview
- What to keep in mind in an online job interviewThe global economy has been hit hard by the coronavirus and as a result, many employers are firing or sending their employees on ...
- 7 Steps Hr Do To Support Their Employees Succeed
- Great leaders want to guarantee their group is participated in their job, really feeling completely satisfied, as well as doing at their personal ideal. However, for those ...
- Very Quick Fire Q & A with Big Phil Campion
- Here we touch base with Phil Campion .Phil served with distinction in combat operations around the globe as a soldier in the regular Armed Forces -Royal ...