Scotland has a strong reputation in the field of science and is home to a number of high-profile scientific centres which specialise in various different areas.
There are a great number of job opportunities for biologists, chemists and clinical professionals as well as more specialised positions for those working in emerging areas such as biotechnology.
Edinburgh is home to one of the best scientific bases in Europe with locations like Heriot-Watt Research Park conducting innovative research in microelectronics, and informatics. Other scientific centres in Scotland include the West of Scotland Science Park in Glasgow, Dundee Technology Park and the Aberdeen Science and Technology Park.
The usual way into a science-based job is through a graduate trainee scheme. More senior positions include being a senior researcher, consultant and professor. Many work on behalf of government organisations or private companies – conducting research into everything from medicine to new technology.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
Find all the latest scientific jobs in Scotland here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- Working Full Time and Studying -how to juggle both Successfully
- For anyone who is currently in work and is also pursuing out of hours education or research for a diploma or degree , effective use of your Time is key .So you can earn and ...
- A Day in the Life of a Head Librarian
- And I’m not sure you’ll wantto look at poetry; am surprisedwhen the pirate behind your fiery eyeslets me help you choose a Douglas Dunnto add to your collection.(Extract from ...
- Life as a Travel Counsellor in Scotland
- In our regular series of speaking to industry professionals , here we speak to Milngavie based Lesley Hill of Travel Counsellors abour her career and experiences within the travel ...
- A Day in the Life of a Lawyer
- Josephine Van Lierop is a Senior Associate at Slater and Gordon UK, specialising in Employment Law. She has gained over fifteen years of valuable experience practicing law across ...