Scotland has a strong reputation in the field of science and is home to a number of high-profile scientific centres which specialise in various different areas.
There are a great number of job opportunities for biologists, chemists and clinical professionals as well as more specialised positions for those working in emerging areas such as biotechnology.
Edinburgh is home to one of the best scientific bases in Europe with locations like Heriot-Watt Research Park conducting innovative research in microelectronics, and informatics. Other scientific centres in Scotland include the West of Scotland Science Park in Glasgow, Dundee Technology Park and the Aberdeen Science and Technology Park.
The usual way into a science-based job is through a graduate trainee scheme. More senior positions include being a senior researcher, consultant and professor. Many work on behalf of government organisations or private companies – conducting research into everything from medicine to new technology.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
Find all the latest scientific jobs in Scotland here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- Ever Thought of Teaching English as Foreign Language
- Have you ever thought of teaching English as a foreign language .Here we touch base with Dylan Blyth who has just done that in China . Was it always your ambition to ...
- Office Party Season ..Again
- As the famous line goes …”IT’S’CHRISTMASSSS “ yes it is nearly upon us again.It seems to come along quicker each year .It also the green light for the office and worksparty season ...
- Sick Pay at Work
- Unfortunately it may just be the case that you get ill or injured and need to be absent from work for prolonged periods of time .To ge you through this period of illness you might ...
- Fun and Humour and It's Workplace Benefits
- Within a modern society there are many who view people who crack jokes and gags are seen as a joker and not to be taken seriously, especially in their place of work.The truth of ...