Sales Jobs, Glasgow
For the latest Glasgow sales jobs ,you will find them here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk. Sales staff are employed throughout various sectors and industries in Scotland, including engineering, retailing, manufacturing, financial services, to name a few, selling their goods and products to individuals, or companies.
Sales are generally split into two categories – Business to Business (B2B) or Business to Consumer (B2C). The skill-set required (of the individual person) differs vastly as a different approach is required. You may be working on the phone, or meeting people face-to-face. Territory sales / Merchandising is another example used within the FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) market. An example of this could be a soft drinks firm; they will employ individuals to cover certain geographical areas of the country e.g.Glasgow and Lanarkshire. The individual will visit various outlets, cash and carries, corner shops supermarkets etc. to sell their products / goods. They will, likely, be managed by a Sales Manager who will be responsible for them reaching targets and covering all their ‘Territory’ prospects.
If you are looking to work within the Sales sector, you should decide, at the outset, if you want to do telephone work, face to face (territory) sales or have a job that involves travelling round the Country. Most of the organisations will have their Head Office either based in Glasgow, or in an Industrial Estate just out-with the city centre. Being able to communicate well and negotiate is of paramount importance in this sector as you will be target based and results will be analysed via conversions of sale. Having access to a car is usually required, or at least a driving license, based on the amount of travelling that can be required.
If you are entering the sales sector as a new entry, you do not require any particular formal qualifications, but it is advisable to study either Business Management or study for a diploma, such as, the Institute of Sales and Marketing. Junior sales people can be office based carrying out their duty with telesales or cold calling.There are various contact centres in Glasgow offering full and part time jobs. These involve sales agents phoning companies or individuals and selling their goods by telephone. Traditional industries using this method of selling include utility companies, banks and also energy saving products.
If you have sales experience, we recommend that you build up a ‘brag’ file, this is basically a file with your achievements noted, examples would be ideal. This will help you demonstrate at an interview of your sales competencies and abilities.
The sales sector employs both full time and part time employees. Part time sales positions can be ideal for mothers returning to work, or someone looking to work part-time. Recruitment Agencies can be a good source of these types of jobs with companies such as BT, Thomson, Dell etc.
Sales roles are wide ranging and diverse in Glasgow, and below are a good selection of new sales jobs from junior level through to senior level. Below you will find the latest sales jobs in Glasgow.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
Find the latest Scottish sales jobs here on Scotjobsnet.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- Grow Together: Develop the Best Training for Your Team
- Grow Together: Develop the Best Training for Your TeamTraining and development are some of the most important areas of human resources management. Companies should see to it that ...
- Essential tips for entering the global market
- Due to the advent of technology in the last decade with innovations in communication and logistics coming to the forefront, it has eliminated the restrictions imposed by the ...
- Tips To HR Management In The Digital Workplace For Employers In India
- Nowadays, there is a rapid change in the workplace. Also, in all the organizations globally, therate of digital change is greatly affecting certain matters which are associated ...
- Recruiting Trends that will shape 2021
- Introduction As the demand for talent acquisition is back at an earlier pace, it is quite important to understand the trends to improve the hiring processes in 2021 and plan ...