Sales Jobs, Glasgow
For the latest Glasgow sales jobs ,you will find them here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk. Sales staff are employed throughout various sectors and industries in Scotland, including engineering, retailing, manufacturing, financial services, to name a few, selling their goods and products to individuals, or companies.
Sales are generally split into two categories – Business to Business (B2B) or Business to Consumer (B2C). The skill-set required (of the individual person) differs vastly as a different approach is required. You may be working on the phone, or meeting people face-to-face. Territory sales / Merchandising is another example used within the FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) market. An example of this could be a soft drinks firm; they will employ individuals to cover certain geographical areas of the country e.g.Glasgow and Lanarkshire. The individual will visit various outlets, cash and carries, corner shops supermarkets etc. to sell their products / goods. They will, likely, be managed by a Sales Manager who will be responsible for them reaching targets and covering all their ‘Territory’ prospects.
If you are looking to work within the Sales sector, you should decide, at the outset, if you want to do telephone work, face to face (territory) sales or have a job that involves travelling round the Country. Most of the organisations will have their Head Office either based in Glasgow, or in an Industrial Estate just out-with the city centre. Being able to communicate well and negotiate is of paramount importance in this sector as you will be target based and results will be analysed via conversions of sale. Having access to a car is usually required, or at least a driving license, based on the amount of travelling that can be required.
If you are entering the sales sector as a new entry, you do not require any particular formal qualifications, but it is advisable to study either Business Management or study for a diploma, such as, the Institute of Sales and Marketing. Junior sales people can be office based carrying out their duty with telesales or cold calling.There are various contact centres in Glasgow offering full and part time jobs. These involve sales agents phoning companies or individuals and selling their goods by telephone. Traditional industries using this method of selling include utility companies, banks and also energy saving products.
If you have sales experience, we recommend that you build up a ‘brag’ file, this is basically a file with your achievements noted, examples would be ideal. This will help you demonstrate at an interview of your sales competencies and abilities.
The sales sector employs both full time and part time employees. Part time sales positions can be ideal for mothers returning to work, or someone looking to work part-time. Recruitment Agencies can be a good source of these types of jobs with companies such as BT, Thomson, Dell etc.
Sales roles are wide ranging and diverse in Glasgow, and below are a good selection of new sales jobs from junior level through to senior level. Below you will find the latest sales jobs in Glasgow.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
Find the latest Scottish sales jobs here on Scotjobsnet.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- 5 Things to Keep In Mind When Returning To the Workplace after COVID-19
- After months of wearing masks and social distancing, and working from home, it appears like the world is on the verge of winning against COVID-19. Many countries are relaxing the ...
- Look for a job you will Like
- How to Find a Job that One Likes To find a job that one likes is not a simple exercise and therefore needs some preparation and planning. Most people end up working at a ...
- How to Deal with Setbacks in Your Business
- How to Deal with Setbacks in Your BusinessSetbacks are common in business. In fact, every successful business you see in town has had to deal with a setback at some point. But ...
- 7 Tricks That Will Make Your Business More Appealing
- Growing a business involves dealing with various business aspects. However, one of the most essential is to constantly stay appealing to the customers, employees, investors and ...