Rural Scotland accounts for 98% of the land mass of Scotland and nearly a fifth of the population are resident there.
In recent years, the population of rural Scotland has continued to grow at a faster rate than the rest of Scotland, driven by the increase in accessible rural areas, mainly due to inward migration.
Within the rural economy there is Primary, Secondary and Tertiary sectors.
The Primary sector industries include Forestry, Agriculture and Fishing .The Secondary industries include utilities, mining and quarrying; manufacturing and construction.
Tertiary sector industries are made up of wholesale, retail and repair; accommodation and food services; transport, financial services, professional, technical and administrative services; education and health.
In rural areas 'Agriculture, forestry and fishing' is the largest source of private sector jobs (16%) followed by 'Accommodation and food services' and 'Other activities which includes retail and manufacturing jobs' which combined provide a quarter of all jobs in Rural Scotland.
For all the latest jobs in rural jobs across all sectors find them here on Scotjobsnet.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- Very Quick Fire Q & A with Big Phil Campion
- Here we touch base with Phil Campion .Phil served with distinction in combat operations around the globe as a soldier in the regular Armed Forces -Royal ...
- Top 5 Tips To Recruit Bright Candidates
- Hiring top talent takes a mix of imagination as well as diligence. Innovation makes it less complicated than ever before to publish your task posts to a broad audience-- but to ...
- From a few years Back-Dangerous Jobs in Scotland
- Going to work for many of us is a procedure we do day to day, year to year with the thought of being injured or killed never crossing our minds throughout our working lives. The ...
- Working for Free -An Option you will take ?
- Only a few years ago the idea of working for nothing would have seemed ludicrous. If people wanted work experience, an apprenticeship or trainee scheme was usually the best way to ...