Rural Scotland accounts for 98% of the land mass of Scotland and nearly a fifth of the population are resident there.
In recent years, the population of rural Scotland has continued to grow at a faster rate than the rest of Scotland, driven by the increase in accessible rural areas, mainly due to inward migration.
Within the rural economy there is Primary, Secondary and Tertiary sectors.
The Primary sector industries include Forestry, Agriculture and Fishing .The Secondary industries include utilities, mining and quarrying; manufacturing and construction.
Tertiary sector industries are made up of wholesale, retail and repair; accommodation and food services; transport, financial services, professional, technical and administrative services; education and health.
In rural areas 'Agriculture, forestry and fishing' is the largest source of private sector jobs (16%) followed by 'Accommodation and food services' and 'Other activities which includes retail and manufacturing jobs' which combined provide a quarter of all jobs in Rural Scotland.
For all the latest jobs in rural jobs across all sectors find them here on Scotjobsnet.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- 5 Things to Keep In Mind When Returning To the Workplace after COVID-19
- After months of wearing masks and social distancing, and working from home, it appears like the world is on the verge of winning against COVID-19. Many countries are relaxing the ...
- Look for a job you will Like
- How to Find a Job that One Likes To find a job that one likes is not a simple exercise and therefore needs some preparation and planning. Most people end up working at a ...
- How to Deal with Setbacks in Your Business
- How to Deal with Setbacks in Your BusinessSetbacks are common in business. In fact, every successful business you see in town has had to deal with a setback at some point. But ...
- 7 Tricks That Will Make Your Business More Appealing
- Growing a business involves dealing with various business aspects. However, one of the most essential is to constantly stay appealing to the customers, employees, investors and ...