Rural Scotland accounts for 98% of the land mass of Scotland and nearly a fifth of the population are resident there.
In recent years, the population of rural Scotland has continued to grow at a faster rate than the rest of Scotland, driven by the increase in accessible rural areas, mainly due to inward migration.
Within the rural economy there is Primary, Secondary and Tertiary sectors.
The Primary sector industries include Forestry, Agriculture and Fishing .The Secondary industries include utilities, mining and quarrying; manufacturing and construction.
Tertiary sector industries are made up of wholesale, retail and repair; accommodation and food services; transport, financial services, professional, technical and administrative services; education and health.
In rural areas 'Agriculture, forestry and fishing' is the largest source of private sector jobs (16%) followed by 'Accommodation and food services' and 'Other activities which includes retail and manufacturing jobs' which combined provide a quarter of all jobs in Rural Scotland.
For all the latest jobs in rural jobs across all sectors find them here on Scotjobsnet.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- 5 Reasons You Should Use eLearning Courses for Your Employees
- No matter how talented your new hire is, you need to train and tailor them to fit your specific needs. One way to go about this is through instructor-led training inside the ...
- 5 Tips to Build a Personal Brand as a Freelancer and Get Better-Paying Clients
- Building a career as a freelancer is not an easy task in today’s competitive gig economy. That said, while the global competition is stiff, freelancing is still a great way ...
- Change your life with the internet: How to start your online business at the age of 20
- Owning an online business and maintaining it gives entrepreneurs the freedom to create money anywhere on the globe. The idea is attractive and more than ever attainable, but many ...
- 5 Important Tips to Manage an International Remote Workforce Efficiently and Compliantly
- With each passing year, expanding into the global market via digital channels becomes a viable option for many businesses around the world. Whether you are running an agency as a ...