Rural Scotland accounts for 98% of the land mass of Scotland and nearly a fifth of the population are resident there.
In recent years, the population of rural Scotland has continued to grow at a faster rate than the rest of Scotland, driven by the increase in accessible rural areas, mainly due to inward migration.
Within the rural economy there is Primary, Secondary and Tertiary sectors.
The Primary sector industries include Forestry, Agriculture and Fishing .The Secondary industries include utilities, mining and quarrying; manufacturing and construction.
Tertiary sector industries are made up of wholesale, retail and repair; accommodation and food services; transport, financial services, professional, technical and administrative services; education and health.
In rural areas 'Agriculture, forestry and fishing' is the largest source of private sector jobs (16%) followed by 'Accommodation and food services' and 'Other activities which includes retail and manufacturing jobs' which combined provide a quarter of all jobs in Rural Scotland.
For all the latest jobs in rural jobs across all sectors find them here on Scotjobsnet.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- In 5 Easy Steps, You Can Become a Professional English Teacher
- Teaching is one of the most fulfilling professions on the planet.There's nothing quite about seeing the students achieve their goals. It makes you proud when they complete their ...
- 7 In-Demand Skills to Develop to Land More Jobs in the New Normal
- Life in the new normal is expected to be anything but normal. We’re already experiencing major consequences of the pandemic, with so many people losing their jobs, or abandoning ...
- 5 Reasons Why Social Responsibility is Important for Your Organization
- Social responsibility has been growing in charts for the last few years. More and more companies are jumping on this bandwagon every year. Companies use social responsibility for ...
- How to find a job without experience
- Are you on the search for a job? If it is your first job search, then you may be worried that you don’t have much experience. However, we have all been there! Starting your ...