Rural Scotland accounts for 98% of the land mass of Scotland and nearly a fifth of the population are resident there.
In recent years, the population of rural Scotland has continued to grow at a faster rate than the rest of Scotland, driven by the increase in accessible rural areas, mainly due to inward migration.
Within the rural economy there is Primary, Secondary and Tertiary sectors.
The Primary sector industries include Forestry, Agriculture and Fishing .The Secondary industries include utilities, mining and quarrying; manufacturing and construction.
Tertiary sector industries are made up of wholesale, retail and repair; accommodation and food services; transport, financial services, professional, technical and administrative services; education and health.
In rural areas 'Agriculture, forestry and fishing' is the largest source of private sector jobs (16%) followed by 'Accommodation and food services' and 'Other activities which includes retail and manufacturing jobs' which combined provide a quarter of all jobs in Rural Scotland.
For all the latest jobs in rural jobs across all sectors find them here on Scotjobsnet.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- Small Business Focus
- The excitement of running a business is always enticing, but the journey towards success is not an easy one. Studies have shown that a vast majority of new businesses rarely ...
- What to keep in mind in an online job interview
- What to keep in mind in an online job interviewThe global economy has been hit hard by the coronavirus and as a result, many employers are firing or sending their employees on ...
- 7 Steps Hr Do To Support Their Employees Succeed
- Great leaders want to guarantee their group is participated in their job, really feeling completely satisfied, as well as doing at their personal ideal. However, for those ...
- Very Quick Fire Q & A with Big Phil Campion
- Here we touch base with Phil Campion .Phil served with distinction in combat operations around the globe as a soldier in the regular Armed Forces -Royal ...