Perth and Kinross
Perth and Kinross Jobs - Find jobs in Perth and Kinross
Perth and the surrounding region of Kinross has a population of around 152,00 and in 2018 unemployment within the region was around 4.2%. Traditionally Perth had a rich and diverse manufacturing base, which included leather tanners, coppersmiths,and textiles and was also an important harbour town with imports and exports of materials being shipped from there.
In contrast the modern Perth and Kinross is an area with a largely a service based economy with a wide variance and diversity of sectors providing emolyment. It has a strong public sector base with the largest employer being Perth and Kinross council, along with NHS Tayside and Perth College.
Within the private sector the leading world transport company, Stagecoach has it's HQ here. Energy supplier Scottish and Southern Energy also operates here with a distribution operation and service centre emlploying customer service staff. Perth also has a strong and vibrant range of small and medium sized businesses and many self employed workers. The region is also developing its manufacturing base along with an active interest in the modern industries such as renewables.
Tourism is also a large employment sector in the region, offering permanent and seasonal job opportunities. Perth located on the banks of the River Tay it offers fantastic outdoor activities such as fishing and kayaking, wonderful restaurants and hotels and attracts many thousands of visitors to the region.
For the latest jobs in Perth and across Perth and Kinross you will find them here on Scotjobsnet.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
Find all the latest jobs in Perth and Kinross here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- Ever Thought of Teaching English as Foreign Language
- Have you ever thought of teaching English as a foreign language .Here we touch base with Dylan Blyth who has just done that in China . Was it always your ambition to ...
- Office Party Season ..Again
- As the famous line goes …”IT’S’CHRISTMASSSS “ yes it is nearly upon us again.It seems to come along quicker each year .It also the green light for the office and worksparty season ...
- Sick Pay at Work
- Unfortunately it may just be the case that you get ill or injured and need to be absent from work for prolonged periods of time .To ge you through this period of illness you might ...
- Fun and Humour and It's Workplace Benefits
- Within a modern society there are many who view people who crack jokes and gags are seen as a joker and not to be taken seriously, especially in their place of work.The truth of ...