There are over 650 law firms currently operating in Scotland, making the legal sector a big contributor to the country’s economy. For experienced and newly-qualified solicitors alike, there are always plenty of great job opportunities to explore.
Specialisms include working in conveyancing, commercial law or property but many solicitors choose to focus on criminal or family law. Most of the biggest law firms in Scotland are based in one of the country’s six cities but there are ample numbers of local firms to choose from too.
To work as a solicitor in Scotland you have to have completed a Law Degree and a Diploma in Professional Legal Practice, though it is still possible to qualify by undertaking a training contract with a Scottish law firm.
As well as solicitor jobs you’ll also find a great selection of legal support careers with Scotjobsnet, including paralegal and legal secretary positions.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
Find all the latest Legal jobs in Scotland here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- Self Employment - When Is The Right Time for you?
- Self-employment is not as easy to do these days, banks and building societies are not standing outside their establishments encouraging you to come in and apply for money. Any ...
- Top Tips To Deal With Recruitment Agencies
- Top 8 Tips To Deal With Recruitment Agencies It takes an extraordinary skill set to recognize the ideal candidate for a job. Although nobody knows your organization and its ...
- Thinking of a Career in Sports Broadcasting
- Ever considered a career in sports broadcasting ? Many do and attempt to break into one of the most competitive areas of journalism .Here we speak to leading sports broadcaster ...
- 4 Ways to Get a Job in the Digital Marketing Industry
- Digital marketing is the new face of marketing, and it’s a booming industry indeed. In fact, there are more job opportunities available than there are qualified people to take up ...