There are over 650 law firms currently operating in Scotland, making the legal sector a big contributor to the country’s economy. For experienced and newly-qualified solicitors alike, there are always plenty of great job opportunities to explore.
Specialisms include working in conveyancing, commercial law or property but many solicitors choose to focus on criminal or family law. Most of the biggest law firms in Scotland are based in one of the country’s six cities but there are ample numbers of local firms to choose from too.
To work as a solicitor in Scotland you have to have completed a Law Degree and a Diploma in Professional Legal Practice, though it is still possible to qualify by undertaking a training contract with a Scottish law firm.
As well as solicitor jobs you’ll also find a great selection of legal support careers with Scotjobsnet, including paralegal and legal secretary positions.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
Find all the latest Legal jobs in Scotland here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- Bupa’s Peripatetic Nurses in Scotland
- The life of a Bupa Peripatetic Nurse in Scotland Ready for your next challenge in nursing? Ever considered becoming a Peripatetic Nurse for Bupa? We’re currently looking for ...
- A Career in Illustration
- Iain McIntosh is a renowned Scottish illustrator.He has worked extensively alongside author Alexander McCall Smith, primarily on the 44 Scotland Street series.Iain has had a wide ...
- Having a Successful Job Interview
- There is often a sense of fear and trepidation surrounding the dreaded interview. Nerves bubble to the surface and our minds thrust into overdrive. We begin to mull over the worst ...
- A Day In The Life of An Events and Marketing Campaign Manager
- Complimentary tickets are often controversial too. Finalists are required to book them and provide card details. The line usually is that “Card details will have to be taken as a ...