There are over 650 law firms currently operating in Scotland, making the legal sector a big contributor to the country’s economy. For experienced and newly-qualified solicitors alike, there are always plenty of great job opportunities to explore.
Specialisms include working in conveyancing, commercial law or property but many solicitors choose to focus on criminal or family law. Most of the biggest law firms in Scotland are based in one of the country’s six cities but there are ample numbers of local firms to choose from too.
To work as a solicitor in Scotland you have to have completed a Law Degree and a Diploma in Professional Legal Practice, though it is still possible to qualify by undertaking a training contract with a Scottish law firm.
As well as solicitor jobs you’ll also find a great selection of legal support careers with Scotjobsnet, including paralegal and legal secretary positions.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
Find all the latest Legal jobs in Scotland here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- Small Business Focus
- The excitement of running a business is always enticing, but the journey towards success is not an easy one. Studies have shown that a vast majority of new businesses rarely ...
- What to keep in mind in an online job interview
- What to keep in mind in an online job interviewThe global economy has been hit hard by the coronavirus and as a result, many employers are firing or sending their employees on ...
- 7 Steps Hr Do To Support Their Employees Succeed
- Great leaders want to guarantee their group is participated in their job, really feeling completely satisfied, as well as doing at their personal ideal. However, for those ...
- Very Quick Fire Q & A with Big Phil Campion
- Here we touch base with Phil Campion .Phil served with distinction in combat operations around the globe as a soldier in the regular Armed Forces -Royal ...