There are over 650 law firms currently operating in Scotland, making the legal sector a big contributor to the country’s economy. For experienced and newly-qualified solicitors alike, there are always plenty of great job opportunities to explore.
Specialisms include working in conveyancing, commercial law or property but many solicitors choose to focus on criminal or family law. Most of the biggest law firms in Scotland are based in one of the country’s six cities but there are ample numbers of local firms to choose from too.
To work as a solicitor in Scotland you have to have completed a Law Degree and a Diploma in Professional Legal Practice, though it is still possible to qualify by undertaking a training contract with a Scottish law firm.
As well as solicitor jobs you’ll also find a great selection of legal support careers with Scotjobsnet, including paralegal and legal secretary positions.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
Find all the latest Legal jobs in Scotland here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- Working at EE Greenock
- Working at EE in Greenock
- Think you know sales? Think again… To work in sales you have to be brash and arrogant, right? Wrong. Here at EE, sales is an integral part of our business and we’re always ...
- Working as a Local Councillor
- Christopher McEleny is a local councillor in Inverclyde for the SNP. He represents the Inverclyde West Ward, and was first elected in 2012. A year later, he succeeded Keith Brooks ...
- Piping Design as a Career
- Colin Black has worked as a piping designer for over 30 years, working on the designing of oil rigs, and travelling abroad to a number of different countries across the world.In ...