There are over 650 law firms currently operating in Scotland, making the legal sector a big contributor to the country’s economy. For experienced and newly-qualified solicitors alike, there are always plenty of great job opportunities to explore.
Specialisms include working in conveyancing, commercial law or property but many solicitors choose to focus on criminal or family law. Most of the biggest law firms in Scotland are based in one of the country’s six cities but there are ample numbers of local firms to choose from too.
To work as a solicitor in Scotland you have to have completed a Law Degree and a Diploma in Professional Legal Practice, though it is still possible to qualify by undertaking a training contract with a Scottish law firm.
As well as solicitor jobs you’ll also find a great selection of legal support careers with Scotjobsnet, including paralegal and legal secretary positions.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
Find all the latest Legal jobs in Scotland here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- Top 5 Tips To Recruit Bright Candidates
- Hiring top talent takes a mix of imagination as well as diligence. Innovation makes it less complicated than ever before to publish your task posts to a broad audience-- but to ...
- From a few years Back-Dangerous Jobs in Scotland
- Going to work for many of us is a procedure we do day to day, year to year with the thought of being injured or killed never crossing our minds throughout our working lives. The ...
- Working for Free -An Option you will take ?
- Only a few years ago the idea of working for nothing would have seemed ludicrous. If people wanted work experience, an apprenticeship or trainee scheme was usually the best way to ...
- I wanted to be an Astronaut amongst other things
- From an early age you just never really fully understood the things older people did or why they did them .The idea of having a job or going to work, well that was for the grown ...