There are over 650 law firms currently operating in Scotland, making the legal sector a big contributor to the country’s economy. For experienced and newly-qualified solicitors alike, there are always plenty of great job opportunities to explore.
Specialisms include working in conveyancing, commercial law or property but many solicitors choose to focus on criminal or family law. Most of the biggest law firms in Scotland are based in one of the country’s six cities but there are ample numbers of local firms to choose from too.
To work as a solicitor in Scotland you have to have completed a Law Degree and a Diploma in Professional Legal Practice, though it is still possible to qualify by undertaking a training contract with a Scottish law firm.
As well as solicitor jobs you’ll also find a great selection of legal support careers with Scotjobsnet, including paralegal and legal secretary positions.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
Find all the latest Legal jobs in Scotland here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- Why Personal Development Is Crucial for Your Career
- Nothing is permanent in this life, except change. Your current position, either professionally or socially, may not give you the same satisfaction tomorrow as it is giving you ...
- The benefits of creating a career development plan-p 4-4
- How Should I grade my goals ?This is totally up to you. You can set goals which are graded by percentage achieved, or something as simple as a tick or cross system. This is ...
- 5 major CV blunders and how to fix them
- Your CV is your first impression. It’s your first chance to introduce yourself to a recruiter or potential employer, so it has to be good. After all, even the smallest error can ...
- The benefits of creating a career development plan (series 3-4)
- Creating your own career development planIt’s not just those working for you who can benefit from having a clear guide to follow. It can be hard to know what targets to set ...