Lanarkshire Jobs - Find jobs in Lanarkshire
Lanarkshire covers an area of around 230,000 hectares .In Scotland it was traditionally known as a key mining district. However in the last 50 years or so the decline of the coal and steel industries has gradually led to more diversification within the labour market across both the North and South of the region.
The region is split up into two council areas – North Lanarkshire and South Lanarkshire. Covering 180,000 hectares South Lanarkshire is nearly four times as big as North Lanarkshire.
However almost 80% of South Lanarkshire is agricultural and as a result more people live in the north of the region.2 According to the General Register Office of Scotland North Lanarkshire’s population in 2012 was around 337,870 compared to 314,360 in South Lanarkshire.
Key towns include Cumbernauld, Coatbridge, Wishaw, Stepps and Airdrie in the North and East Kilbride, Hamilton, Rutherglen and Cambuslang in the South of the region.
Many employees in the region work in the services industry. Compared to Scotland as a whole, South Lanarkshire workers are also far more likely to be employed in the public sector – around 29.3% of employees against a national average of 27.1%.
However manufacturing and construction are still important industries in Lanarkshire, with employment levels consistently being above national averages.
Weekly wages in Lanarkshire are roughly in line with national statistics. In North Lanarkshire you can expect to take home around £485.50 a week while residents in South Lanarkshire fair a little better – earning £506.50.
Key Lanarkshire Employers
Key employers in Lanarkshire include NHS Lanarkshire and both local authorities-North and South Lanarkshire Councils. The area also boasts several of Scotland’s biggest call centres with companies like SKY, John Lewis, British Gas and Scottish Southern Energy all based in the area. Morrison Facilities Services Ltd in Uddingston, a repairs and maintenance-based company, is another significant employer as is the frozen foods company Farmfoods which is based in Cumbernauld.
Lanarkshire also benefits from a large number of business parks and retail out of town hubs. Maxim Park is the UK’s largest live office park development and has over 756,000 sq ft of office space.
Other business centres in Lanarkshire include Eurocentral and Strathclyde Business Park which are both near the North Lanarkshire town of Bellshill,near Motherwell.The former site of the Ravenscraig steelworks between Wishaw and Motherwell is currently under re-development and will ultimately have its own town centre and up to 216,000 of available business space.
Lanarkshire is also home to Scotland’s largest undercover retail facility. The East Kilbride Shopping Centre is made up six different malls and covers over 106,030 sq ft.
For the latest jobs in Motherwell, Hamilton ,Uddingston and across Lanarkshire find them here on Scotjobsnet.
Click on the Details/Apply button next to each job to see the full posting, or check the boxes next to the jobs that interest you and click View Selected to see several jobs together. You may also add one or more jobs to your Wish List by clicking on the check boxes next to them and then clicking Add to Wish List.
126 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 10.
Find all the latest jobs in North and South Lanarkshire here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
126 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 10.
- Top 10 Tips For Why Recruitment Is The Most Important And Powerful Business Strategy
- For the very best feasible, people who can fit within your culture and contribute to your company are an obstacle and a possibility. Keeping the very best individuals, when ...
- Best Alternative Careers for Nurses
- Health professionals are the heroes for any society and this fact has come to the forefront now even more than before due to the pandemic. There are many people out there ...
- Best 10 Tips to Help You Made a Great HR Manager
- HRM is far more than merely solving internal conflicts. Or presenting a lovely work culture in front of possible prospects as well as handling lawful events. Human resource ...
- Main Reasons Why Studying Computer Science is the Best Choice
- Main Reasons Why Studying Computer Science is the Best ChoiceComputing and computer science has become part of everything that we do in our daily lives, most especially in the ...