Greenock Jobs - Find jobs in Greenock
The region of Inverclyde in Scotland borders the council areas Renfrew and East Renfrewshire and constitutes the larger area of Renfrewshire. With a population of around 84,000 it is one the smaller regions in terms of population in Scotland.The Main towns in the region are Greenock and Gourock.
Employment historically in Inverclyde was of sea trade, fishing, tobacco and ship building at Port Glasgow from the middle of the 18th century through to very early part of the 20th century. Like other old heavy industries ship building dwindled and today the last private ship builder on the Clyde, Fergusons, survives and is involved in the building of ferries.
The largest employer in Inverclyde is the Regional council which employs around 4000 staff across all it’s services, it’s headquarters are based in Greenock. Other public sector employers include NHS Inverclyde and James Watt College. Inverclyde’s private sector employers include three contact centres, Webhelp UK, EE and Teleperformance, which provide several thousand jobs in the customer service sector.
Within the transport sector McGill’s buses is a leading employer in the region which depots across Inverclyde. Mcgills provide bus services across the West of Scotland.
Find the latest jobs in Greenock and across Inverclyde here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- Body language at a Job Interview
- Body language is an important aspect of communication , especially in a job interview, that people often tend to overlook. Body language, in fact, contributes to create a first ...
- Is it Time for a New Job
- Sad to say that many people dread Monday mornings. After the weekend where we had two days of getting up when you want, wearing what you want, eating what you want, the ...
- The Ten Things to Avoid or Say at an Interview
- 10 Things not to say at a Job InterviewPreparation is important for any interview. We think of all the things what we should say and do. We practise what we are going to say, ...
- Part Time Jobs or Freelancing to Top Up Your Income
- If you’re looking for ways to make more money, either to get out of debt or to save for something special, then you might want to think about a part time or temporary job. You may ...