Greenock Jobs - Find jobs in Greenock
The region of Inverclyde in Scotland borders the council areas Renfrew and East Renfrewshire and constitutes the larger area of Renfrewshire. With a population of around 84,000 it is one the smaller regions in terms of population in Scotland.The Main towns in the region are Greenock and Gourock.
Employment historically in Inverclyde was of sea trade, fishing, tobacco and ship building at Port Glasgow from the middle of the 18th century through to very early part of the 20th century. Like other old heavy industries ship building dwindled and today the last private ship builder on the Clyde, Fergusons, survives and is involved in the building of ferries.
The largest employer in Inverclyde is the Regional council which employs around 4000 staff across all it’s services, it’s headquarters are based in Greenock. Other public sector employers include NHS Inverclyde and James Watt College. Inverclyde’s private sector employers include three contact centres, Webhelp UK, EE and Teleperformance, which provide several thousand jobs in the customer service sector.
Within the transport sector McGill’s buses is a leading employer in the region which depots across Inverclyde. Mcgills provide bus services across the West of Scotland.
Find the latest jobs in Greenock and across Inverclyde here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- Ever Thought of Teaching English as Foreign Language
- Have you ever thought of teaching English as a foreign language .Here we touch base with Dylan Blyth who has just done that in China . Was it always your ambition to ...
- Office Party Season ..Again
- As the famous line goes …”IT’S’CHRISTMASSSS “ yes it is nearly upon us again.It seems to come along quicker each year .It also the green light for the office and worksparty season ...
- Sick Pay at Work
- Unfortunately it may just be the case that you get ill or injured and need to be absent from work for prolonged periods of time .To ge you through this period of illness you might ...
- Fun and Humour and It's Workplace Benefits
- Within a modern society there are many who view people who crack jokes and gags are seen as a joker and not to be taken seriously, especially in their place of work.The truth of ...