Greenock Jobs - Find jobs in Greenock
The region of Inverclyde in Scotland borders the council areas Renfrew and East Renfrewshire and constitutes the larger area of Renfrewshire. With a population of around 84,000 it is one the smaller regions in terms of population in Scotland.The Main towns in the region are Greenock and Gourock.
Employment historically in Inverclyde was of sea trade, fishing, tobacco and ship building at Port Glasgow from the middle of the 18th century through to very early part of the 20th century. Like other old heavy industries ship building dwindled and today the last private ship builder on the Clyde, Fergusons, survives and is involved in the building of ferries.
The largest employer in Inverclyde is the Regional council which employs around 4000 staff across all it’s services, it’s headquarters are based in Greenock. Other public sector employers include NHS Inverclyde and James Watt College. Inverclyde’s private sector employers include three contact centres, Webhelp UK, EE and Teleperformance, which provide several thousand jobs in the customer service sector.
Within the transport sector McGill’s buses is a leading employer in the region which depots across Inverclyde. Mcgills provide bus services across the West of Scotland.
Find the latest jobs in Greenock and across Inverclyde here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- The benefits of creating a career development plan (series 3-4)
- Creating your own career development planIt’s not just those working for you who can benefit from having a clear guide to follow. It can be hard to know what targets to set ...
- The benefits of creating a career development plan (series 2-4)
- What better place to start than with your employees themselves? It’s all well and good you sitting down and deciding what someone should be aiming for, but this approach may be ...
- The benefits of creating a career development plan (series 1-4)
- With reports suggesting that each day as many as one million people miss work because of stress, this could make a massive difference in your place of work. There’s a comfort in ...
- The benefits of creating a career development plan
- Setting clear objectivesObjectives and goals are the key of any successful business. OKRs (objectives and key results) are a go-to for lots of highly successful companies. These ...