Glasgow Jobs - Search vacancies in Glasgow
Glasgow is Scotland's biggest city -the UK's 3 rd largest and is the main urban local economy in Scotland. It supports more than 452,000 jobs across all main employment sectors. For decades it had an economy in decline, the highest rate of unemployment for decades and traditional industries such as shipbuilding and heavy industries struggled and ultimately became tiny by comparison to decades past.The 1980's were a bleak period for those looking to make their next career move or break into the world of work.It's current unemployment rate is around 4%.
Overview:So the backdrop was that Glasgow and industrial heartland was a city that had experienced widespread unemployment and a decrease in jobs. But the rejuvenation of the Clydeside and diversification from those traditional industries Glasgow has attracted millions of pounds of inward investment and a change in its fortunes. Glasgow is now on the up and is a vibrant cosmopolitan city with a wealth of career and job opportunities for the skilled and unskilled job seekers across all employment sectors.
Leading career choices in the city include those in sales and customer service sectors with a plethora of contact and call centres offering full and part time roles. Public service and administration with Glasgow City Council and NHS Lanarkshire are also two of the biggest employers.
Hospitality jobs due to Glasgow's international appeal as the friendly city has a wide range of hotels and restaurants which employs many thousands. Glasgow's destination as a shopping paradise with over 1500 shops ensures that the retail sector employs many thousands and offers opportunities thoughout the city. The education sector with the Universities of Glasgow and Strathclyde along with a multitude of colleges also is a significant employer within the public sector. Further large employment providers are the financial sector, transport (rail,subway and bus), legal and other services industries
The opportunities within the UK's third largest city are ripe for the picking for those with the experience, qualifications and the right attitude. For all the latest Glasgow jobs you will find them here on Scotjobsnet.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
Find all the latest jobs in Glasgow here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- Why Personal Development Is Crucial for Your Career
- Nothing is permanent in this life, except change. Your current position, either professionally or socially, may not give you the same satisfaction tomorrow as it is giving you ...
- The benefits of creating a career development plan-p 4-4
- How Should I grade my goals ?This is totally up to you. You can set goals which are graded by percentage achieved, or something as simple as a tick or cross system. This is ...
- 5 major CV blunders and how to fix them
- Your CV is your first impression. It’s your first chance to introduce yourself to a recruiter or potential employer, so it has to be good. After all, even the smallest error can ...
- The benefits of creating a career development plan (series 3-4)
- Creating your own career development planIt’s not just those working for you who can benefit from having a clear guide to follow. It can be hard to know what targets to set ...