Glasgow Jobs - Search vacancies in Glasgow
Glasgow is Scotland's biggest city -the UK's 3 rd largest and is the main urban local economy in Scotland. It supports more than 452,000 jobs across all main employment sectors. For decades it had an economy in decline, the highest rate of unemployment for decades and traditional industries such as shipbuilding and heavy industries struggled and ultimately became tiny by comparison to decades past.The 1980's were a bleak period for those looking to make their next career move or break into the world of work.It's current unemployment rate is around 4%.
Overview:So the backdrop was that Glasgow and industrial heartland was a city that had experienced widespread unemployment and a decrease in jobs. But the rejuvenation of the Clydeside and diversification from those traditional industries Glasgow has attracted millions of pounds of inward investment and a change in its fortunes. Glasgow is now on the up and is a vibrant cosmopolitan city with a wealth of career and job opportunities for the skilled and unskilled job seekers across all employment sectors.
Leading career choices in the city include those in sales and customer service sectors with a plethora of contact and call centres offering full and part time roles. Public service and administration with Glasgow City Council and NHS Lanarkshire are also two of the biggest employers.
Hospitality jobs due to Glasgow's international appeal as the friendly city has a wide range of hotels and restaurants which employs many thousands. Glasgow's destination as a shopping paradise with over 1500 shops ensures that the retail sector employs many thousands and offers opportunities thoughout the city. The education sector with the Universities of Glasgow and Strathclyde along with a multitude of colleges also is a significant employer within the public sector. Further large employment providers are the financial sector, transport (rail,subway and bus), legal and other services industries
The opportunities within the UK's third largest city are ripe for the picking for those with the experience, qualifications and the right attitude. For all the latest Glasgow jobs you will find them here on Scotjobsnet.
Click on the Details/Apply button next to each job to see the full posting, or check the boxes next to the jobs that interest you and click View Selected to see several jobs together. You may also add one or more jobs to your Wish List by clicking on the check boxes next to them and then clicking Add to Wish List.
4 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 4.
Find all the latest jobs in Glasgow here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
4 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 4.
- In 5 Easy Steps, You Can Become a Professional English Teacher
- Teaching is one of the most fulfilling professions on the planet.There's nothing quite about seeing the students achieve their goals. It makes you proud when they complete their ...
- 7 In-Demand Skills to Develop to Land More Jobs in the New Normal
- Life in the new normal is expected to be anything but normal. We’re already experiencing major consequences of the pandemic, with so many people losing their jobs, or abandoning ...
- 5 Reasons Why Social Responsibility is Important for Your Organization
- Social responsibility has been growing in charts for the last few years. More and more companies are jumping on this bandwagon every year. Companies use social responsibility for ...
- How to find a job without experience
- Are you on the search for a job? If it is your first job search, then you may be worried that you don’t have much experience. However, we have all been there! Starting your ...