Fire and Rescue Jobs
A career with the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service can be one of the most rewarding jobs around. The Service already employs around 8000 firefighters throughout Scotland, alongside additional staff working in supporting roles.
Scotland’s firefighters undergo a rigorous training regime to ensure they are well prepared for active duty. As well as fighting fires, they attend road traffic incidents, water rescues and even chemical spills on a regular basis.
There are various uniformed roles available. A wholetime firefighter works full-time in one of Scotland’s community fire stations located throughout the country. The Service also retains firefighters on a part-time basis. These workers can be called out at any time on active duty. Being active in the local community is a big part of being a firefighter. Community Response Units often visit local schools and carry out home fire safety visits to ensure people are doing all they can to prevent fires.
Non-uniformed roles can include working as an accountant, technician or even an ICT specialist for the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service. Just like firefighters, administrative and specialist staff benefit from an in-house pension scheme, generous leave entitlement and great training opportunities.
Whether you already have experience as a firefighter or are looking to use your specialist skills to help one of Scotland’s key public service organisations, a career in fire and rescue offers plenty of career progression and opportunity. Search the Scotjobsnet database now for more details on the latest fire and rescue jobs available in Scotland.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
Find all the latest fire and rescue jobs in Scotland here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- Very Quick Fire Q & A with Big Phil Campion
- Here we touch base with Phil Campion .Phil served with distinction in combat operations around the globe as a soldier in the regular Armed Forces -Royal ...
- Top 5 Tips To Recruit Bright Candidates
- Hiring top talent takes a mix of imagination as well as diligence. Innovation makes it less complicated than ever before to publish your task posts to a broad audience-- but to ...
- From a few years Back-Dangerous Jobs in Scotland
- Going to work for many of us is a procedure we do day to day, year to year with the thought of being injured or killed never crossing our minds throughout our working lives. The ...
- Working for Free -An Option you will take ?
- Only a few years ago the idea of working for nothing would have seemed ludicrous. If people wanted work experience, an apprenticeship or trainee scheme was usually the best way to ...