Fire and Rescue Jobs
A career with the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service can be one of the most rewarding jobs around. The Service already employs around 8000 firefighters throughout Scotland, alongside additional staff working in supporting roles.
Scotland’s firefighters undergo a rigorous training regime to ensure they are well prepared for active duty. As well as fighting fires, they attend road traffic incidents, water rescues and even chemical spills on a regular basis.
There are various uniformed roles available. A wholetime firefighter works full-time in one of Scotland’s community fire stations located throughout the country. The Service also retains firefighters on a part-time basis. These workers can be called out at any time on active duty. Being active in the local community is a big part of being a firefighter. Community Response Units often visit local schools and carry out home fire safety visits to ensure people are doing all they can to prevent fires.
Non-uniformed roles can include working as an accountant, technician or even an ICT specialist for the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service. Just like firefighters, administrative and specialist staff benefit from an in-house pension scheme, generous leave entitlement and great training opportunities.
Whether you already have experience as a firefighter or are looking to use your specialist skills to help one of Scotland’s key public service organisations, a career in fire and rescue offers plenty of career progression and opportunity. Search the Scotjobsnet database now for more details on the latest fire and rescue jobs available in Scotland.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
Find all the latest fire and rescue jobs in Scotland here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- How to Build a Career in Trade Finance
- Exporters and importers might not always know their business partners well, and may not feel comfortable trading without the guarantee they will receive the right goods or a ...
- What Is the Importance of Appearance in a Job Interview?
- We as a society went forward enough that it’s safe to say that your outfit won’t make or break your chances of getting a job (unless you’re working in fashion). But can looking ...
- Steps To Improve Employee Engagement in 2022
- Since the beginning of the industry and organized work, businesses relied on employees’ energy, commitment and engagement to stand out from the competition and make a ...
- Green Tips For An Environmentally Friendly Office
- Employees and their employers spend about a third of their working days at the office and though there could be some oblivion about how their daily activities affect the ...