Fire and Rescue Jobs
A career with the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service can be one of the most rewarding jobs around. The Service already employs around 8000 firefighters throughout Scotland, alongside additional staff working in supporting roles.
Scotland’s firefighters undergo a rigorous training regime to ensure they are well prepared for active duty. As well as fighting fires, they attend road traffic incidents, water rescues and even chemical spills on a regular basis.
There are various uniformed roles available. A wholetime firefighter works full-time in one of Scotland’s community fire stations located throughout the country. The Service also retains firefighters on a part-time basis. These workers can be called out at any time on active duty. Being active in the local community is a big part of being a firefighter. Community Response Units often visit local schools and carry out home fire safety visits to ensure people are doing all they can to prevent fires.
Non-uniformed roles can include working as an accountant, technician or even an ICT specialist for the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service. Just like firefighters, administrative and specialist staff benefit from an in-house pension scheme, generous leave entitlement and great training opportunities.
Whether you already have experience as a firefighter or are looking to use your specialist skills to help one of Scotland’s key public service organisations, a career in fire and rescue offers plenty of career progression and opportunity. Search the Scotjobsnet database now for more details on the latest fire and rescue jobs available in Scotland.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
Find all the latest fire and rescue jobs in Scotland here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- 9 Tips For Candidates To Work With Recruitment Agencies
- Introduction: So you’re in the market for your next role and wondering whether you should work with a recruitment agency or maybe a recruiter approaches you regarding a ...
- Hiring a Chef and the Challenges it Brings
- Hiring a chef is one of the biggest challenges for a restaurateur. Finding an able, able, and persevering chef for your restaurant can have a craving for searching for a needle in ...
- How to Best Exploit the Service of a Life Coach
- 5 Types of People to Avoid and Surround Yourself With Because you cannot live in this vast world alone, you definitely need to learn how to live with people. A life ...
- 10 Crucial Mistakes to Avoid in Your Resume
- Your resume is your chance to show potential employers that you have what it takes. While most fear the interview part of the employment process, the resume is actually the ...