Fire and Rescue Jobs
A career with the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service can be one of the most rewarding jobs around. The Service already employs around 8000 firefighters throughout Scotland, alongside additional staff working in supporting roles.
Scotland’s firefighters undergo a rigorous training regime to ensure they are well prepared for active duty. As well as fighting fires, they attend road traffic incidents, water rescues and even chemical spills on a regular basis.
There are various uniformed roles available. A wholetime firefighter works full-time in one of Scotland’s community fire stations located throughout the country. The Service also retains firefighters on a part-time basis. These workers can be called out at any time on active duty. Being active in the local community is a big part of being a firefighter. Community Response Units often visit local schools and carry out home fire safety visits to ensure people are doing all they can to prevent fires.
Non-uniformed roles can include working as an accountant, technician or even an ICT specialist for the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service. Just like firefighters, administrative and specialist staff benefit from an in-house pension scheme, generous leave entitlement and great training opportunities.
Whether you already have experience as a firefighter or are looking to use your specialist skills to help one of Scotland’s key public service organisations, a career in fire and rescue offers plenty of career progression and opportunity. Search the Scotjobsnet database now for more details on the latest fire and rescue jobs available in Scotland.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
Find all the latest fire and rescue jobs in Scotland here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- The Ten Things to Avoid or Say at an Interview
- 10 Things not to say at a Job InterviewPreparation is important for any interview. We think of all the things what we should say and do. We practise what we are going to say, ...
- Part Time Jobs or Freelancing to Top Up Your Income
- If you’re looking for ways to make more money, either to get out of debt or to save for something special, then you might want to think about a part time or temporary job. You may ...
- How to Make Job Interviews Less Daunting
- Job interviews can be daunting at the best of times.The nerves associated with them,the knowledge you are up against others with their hearts set on the job.So, how do you stand ...
- Success in Sales
- If you work in sales, you’ll know what a tough arena it can be. Perhaps in more than any other line of work, sales is driven by immediately measurable results. This can be ...