Fire and Rescue Jobs
A career with the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service can be one of the most rewarding jobs around. The Service already employs around 8000 firefighters throughout Scotland, alongside additional staff working in supporting roles.
Scotland’s firefighters undergo a rigorous training regime to ensure they are well prepared for active duty. As well as fighting fires, they attend road traffic incidents, water rescues and even chemical spills on a regular basis.
There are various uniformed roles available. A wholetime firefighter works full-time in one of Scotland’s community fire stations located throughout the country. The Service also retains firefighters on a part-time basis. These workers can be called out at any time on active duty. Being active in the local community is a big part of being a firefighter. Community Response Units often visit local schools and carry out home fire safety visits to ensure people are doing all they can to prevent fires.
Non-uniformed roles can include working as an accountant, technician or even an ICT specialist for the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service. Just like firefighters, administrative and specialist staff benefit from an in-house pension scheme, generous leave entitlement and great training opportunities.
Whether you already have experience as a firefighter or are looking to use your specialist skills to help one of Scotland’s key public service organisations, a career in fire and rescue offers plenty of career progression and opportunity. Search the Scotjobsnet database now for more details on the latest fire and rescue jobs available in Scotland.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
Find all the latest fire and rescue jobs in Scotland here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- 5 Reasons You Should Use eLearning Courses for Your Employees
- No matter how talented your new hire is, you need to train and tailor them to fit your specific needs. One way to go about this is through instructor-led training inside the ...
- 5 Tips to Build a Personal Brand as a Freelancer and Get Better-Paying Clients
- Building a career as a freelancer is not an easy task in today’s competitive gig economy. That said, while the global competition is stiff, freelancing is still a great way ...
- Change your life with the internet: How to start your online business at the age of 20
- Owning an online business and maintaining it gives entrepreneurs the freedom to create money anywhere on the globe. The idea is attractive and more than ever attainable, but many ...
- 5 Important Tips to Manage an International Remote Workforce Efficiently and Compliantly
- With each passing year, expanding into the global market via digital channels becomes a viable option for many businesses around the world. Whether you are running an agency as a ...