Fire and Rescue Jobs
A career with the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service can be one of the most rewarding jobs around. The Service already employs around 8000 firefighters throughout Scotland, alongside additional staff working in supporting roles.
Scotland’s firefighters undergo a rigorous training regime to ensure they are well prepared for active duty. As well as fighting fires, they attend road traffic incidents, water rescues and even chemical spills on a regular basis.
There are various uniformed roles available. A wholetime firefighter works full-time in one of Scotland’s community fire stations located throughout the country. The Service also retains firefighters on a part-time basis. These workers can be called out at any time on active duty. Being active in the local community is a big part of being a firefighter. Community Response Units often visit local schools and carry out home fire safety visits to ensure people are doing all they can to prevent fires.
Non-uniformed roles can include working as an accountant, technician or even an ICT specialist for the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service. Just like firefighters, administrative and specialist staff benefit from an in-house pension scheme, generous leave entitlement and great training opportunities.
Whether you already have experience as a firefighter or are looking to use your specialist skills to help one of Scotland’s key public service organisations, a career in fire and rescue offers plenty of career progression and opportunity. Search the Scotjobsnet database now for more details on the latest fire and rescue jobs available in Scotland.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
Find all the latest fire and rescue jobs in Scotland here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- Self Employment - When Is The Right Time for you?
- Self-employment is not as easy to do these days, banks and building societies are not standing outside their establishments encouraging you to come in and apply for money. Any ...
- Top Tips To Deal With Recruitment Agencies
- Top 8 Tips To Deal With Recruitment Agencies It takes an extraordinary skill set to recognize the ideal candidate for a job. Although nobody knows your organization and its ...
- Thinking of a Career in Sports Broadcasting
- Ever considered a career in sports broadcasting ? Many do and attempt to break into one of the most competitive areas of journalism .Here we speak to leading sports broadcaster ...
- 4 Ways to Get a Job in the Digital Marketing Industry
- Digital marketing is the new face of marketing, and it’s a booming industry indeed. In fact, there are more job opportunities available than there are qualified people to take up ...