Fire and Rescue Jobs
A career with the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service can be one of the most rewarding jobs around. The Service already employs around 8000 firefighters throughout Scotland, alongside additional staff working in supporting roles.
Scotland’s firefighters undergo a rigorous training regime to ensure they are well prepared for active duty. As well as fighting fires, they attend road traffic incidents, water rescues and even chemical spills on a regular basis.
There are various uniformed roles available. A wholetime firefighter works full-time in one of Scotland’s community fire stations located throughout the country. The Service also retains firefighters on a part-time basis. These workers can be called out at any time on active duty. Being active in the local community is a big part of being a firefighter. Community Response Units often visit local schools and carry out home fire safety visits to ensure people are doing all they can to prevent fires.
Non-uniformed roles can include working as an accountant, technician or even an ICT specialist for the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service. Just like firefighters, administrative and specialist staff benefit from an in-house pension scheme, generous leave entitlement and great training opportunities.
Whether you already have experience as a firefighter or are looking to use your specialist skills to help one of Scotland’s key public service organisations, a career in fire and rescue offers plenty of career progression and opportunity. Search the Scotjobsnet database now for more details on the latest fire and rescue jobs available in Scotland.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
Find all the latest fire and rescue jobs in Scotland here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- 5 Things to Keep In Mind When Returning To the Workplace after COVID-19
- After months of wearing masks and social distancing, and working from home, it appears like the world is on the verge of winning against COVID-19. Many countries are relaxing the ...
- Look for a job you will Like
- How to Find a Job that One Likes To find a job that one likes is not a simple exercise and therefore needs some preparation and planning. Most people end up working at a ...
- How to Deal with Setbacks in Your Business
- How to Deal with Setbacks in Your BusinessSetbacks are common in business. In fact, every successful business you see in town has had to deal with a setback at some point. But ...
- 7 Tricks That Will Make Your Business More Appealing
- Growing a business involves dealing with various business aspects. However, one of the most essential is to constantly stay appealing to the customers, employees, investors and ...