Fire and Rescue Jobs
A career with the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service can be one of the most rewarding jobs around. The Service already employs around 8000 firefighters throughout Scotland, alongside additional staff working in supporting roles.
Scotland’s firefighters undergo a rigorous training regime to ensure they are well prepared for active duty. As well as fighting fires, they attend road traffic incidents, water rescues and even chemical spills on a regular basis.
There are various uniformed roles available. A wholetime firefighter works full-time in one of Scotland’s community fire stations located throughout the country. The Service also retains firefighters on a part-time basis. These workers can be called out at any time on active duty. Being active in the local community is a big part of being a firefighter. Community Response Units often visit local schools and carry out home fire safety visits to ensure people are doing all they can to prevent fires.
Non-uniformed roles can include working as an accountant, technician or even an ICT specialist for the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service. Just like firefighters, administrative and specialist staff benefit from an in-house pension scheme, generous leave entitlement and great training opportunities.
Whether you already have experience as a firefighter or are looking to use your specialist skills to help one of Scotland’s key public service organisations, a career in fire and rescue offers plenty of career progression and opportunity. Search the Scotjobsnet database now for more details on the latest fire and rescue jobs available in Scotland.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
Find all the latest fire and rescue jobs in Scotland here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- The benefits of creating a career development plan (series 3-4)
- Creating your own career development planIt’s not just those working for you who can benefit from having a clear guide to follow. It can be hard to know what targets to set ...
- The benefits of creating a career development plan (series 2-4)
- What better place to start than with your employees themselves? It’s all well and good you sitting down and deciding what someone should be aiming for, but this approach may be ...
- The benefits of creating a career development plan (series 1-4)
- With reports suggesting that each day as many as one million people miss work because of stress, this could make a massive difference in your place of work. There’s a comfort in ...
- The benefits of creating a career development plan
- Setting clear objectivesObjectives and goals are the key of any successful business. OKRs (objectives and key results) are a go-to for lots of highly successful companies. These ...