Edinburgh Jobs - Find jobs in Edinburgh
Edinburgh, Scotlands capital city, has a population of around 492,000 and it is precited this will soar within 20 years due to its attractiveness as a place to live and work.
The Largest employer in Edinburgh is the NHS Lothian with around 20,000 plus employees, Edinburgh City Council 19,000 staff and University of Edinburgh with around 12,000+ employed across its many campuses.
The largest private sector employer in Edinburgh is Financial service. As a financial centre Edinburgh is ranked second in the UK after London for competitiveness and fifth as a UK business location as a whole. Some of the city’s largest employers include the Lloyds Banking Group, the Royal Bank of Scotland Group and Standard life and Scottish Widows. These four companies alone employ around 30,000 workers in the city in and around the financial district and at the Gyle Business park which is situated half an hour away.
Financial services offer a range of career opportunities from senior roles in banking and investment through to a sales administrator, customer service adviser or a sales consultant, then Edinburgh is the place to be.
Edinburgh is also Scotland's historical Law capital with the Law society of Scotland located here, the legal sector is vast employer with nearly all of Scotland's leading law practices operating from the Capital.
Tourism is another major industry in the city. As much as £3.5million is generated by the tourism industry in Edinburgh every year – around a quarter of the Scottish total. With over 1500 hotels and restaurants in the city that’s big business and a leading employer on a seasonal and permanent basis.
For anyone looking for hospitality-based sales positions – such as being a travel consultant, travel agent or hotel sales manager – Edinburgh offers plenty of exciting opportunities as Edinburgh boasts some of Scotland's main historical attractions. As you would expect many exclusive and leading hotel chains and a plentiful supply of restaurants cater for the hundreds of thousands of tourists.
The city is also one of the largest scientific centres in Scotland and as a result, is home to a large number of medical and pharmaceutical companies on the outskirts of the city centre attracting high calibre scientists and research staff.
For all the latest jobs and careers in Edinburgh and the Lothians across all industry sectors you will find them here on Scotjobsnet.
Click on the Details/Apply button next to each job to see the full posting, or check the boxes next to the jobs that interest you and click View Selected to see several jobs together. You may also add one or more jobs to your Wish List by clicking on the check boxes next to them and then clicking Add to Wish List.
98 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 10.
Find all the latest jobs in Edinburgh here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
98 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 10.
- 4 Ways to Get a Job in the Digital Marketing Industry
- Digital marketing is the new face of marketing, and it’s a booming industry indeed. In fact, there are more job opportunities available than there are qualified people to take up ...
- 9 Tips For Candidates To Work With Recruitment Agencies
- Introduction: So you’re in the market for your next role and wondering whether you should work with a recruitment agency or maybe a recruiter approaches you regarding a ...
- Hiring a Chef and the Challenges it Brings
- Hiring a chef is one of the biggest challenges for a restaurateur. Finding an able, able, and persevering chef for your restaurant can have a craving for searching for a needle in ...
- How to Best Exploit the Service of a Life Coach
- 5 Types of People to Avoid and Surround Yourself With Because you cannot live in this vast world alone, you definitely need to learn how to live with people. A life ...