Scotland’s construction industry is now steadily recovering after the worldwide recession of 2008. With various new buildings and projects now underway, there are lots of positions available for both skilled and unskilled workers.
Throughout the country there are vacancies for ‘hands on’ positions such as being a bricklayer, plasterer and joiner. Apprenticeships and work experience placements are still the most popular route into these skilled positions, with many employees quickly working their way up through the ranks to become a fully-qualified tradesperson.
More senior positions within construction include being an architect, engineer and surveyor. The majority of these roles require a degree, with many starting on a graduate trainee programme.
The operation of heavy machinery also plays a central role within construction. As a result skilled operators of dumper trucks, cranes and bulldozers are always required on building projects.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
Find all the latest cosntruction jobs in Scotland here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- In 5 Easy Steps, You Can Become a Professional English Teacher
- Teaching is one of the most fulfilling professions on the planet.There's nothing quite about seeing the students achieve their goals. It makes you proud when they complete their ...
- 7 In-Demand Skills to Develop to Land More Jobs in the New Normal
- Life in the new normal is expected to be anything but normal. We’re already experiencing major consequences of the pandemic, with so many people losing their jobs, or abandoning ...
- 5 Reasons Why Social Responsibility is Important for Your Organization
- Social responsibility has been growing in charts for the last few years. More and more companies are jumping on this bandwagon every year. Companies use social responsibility for ...
- How to find a job without experience
- Are you on the search for a job? If it is your first job search, then you may be worried that you don’t have much experience. However, we have all been there! Starting your ...