Scotland’s construction industry is now steadily recovering after the worldwide recession of 2008. With various new buildings and projects now underway, there are lots of positions available for both skilled and unskilled workers.
Throughout the country there are vacancies for ‘hands on’ positions such as being a bricklayer, plasterer and joiner. Apprenticeships and work experience placements are still the most popular route into these skilled positions, with many employees quickly working their way up through the ranks to become a fully-qualified tradesperson.
More senior positions within construction include being an architect, engineer and surveyor. The majority of these roles require a degree, with many starting on a graduate trainee programme.
The operation of heavy machinery also plays a central role within construction. As a result skilled operators of dumper trucks, cranes and bulldozers are always required on building projects.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
Find all the latest cosntruction jobs in Scotland here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- How the Clothes We Wear to Work Affect Our Performance
- Whenever we consider clothing, aspects such as fashionability, comfort, and physical performance often come to mind. However, it turns out that clothes can be much more important ...
- 4 Creative Office Gym Designs To Promote Fitness In The Workplace
- Today’s professionals spend long hours sitting at desks, staring at computer screens. They also lead busy lives with limited time to squeeze in workouts between work and ...
- Challenges you will face on the road to becoming a CEO
- There is no hard and fast recipe as such that will help you rise to the top till you become a great CEO. Alongside the usual qualities of intelligence, persistence, and patience ...
- What Makes the Perfect SIM Plan for Remote Working
- The need for a SIM plan might arise for a number of reasons when working remotely. For starters, a SIM plan can offer you back up when dealing with slow internet. It can also be a ...