If you are interested in working in conservation Scotland makes the ideal base. Throughout the country there are plenty of conservation positions available – including managerial roles and specialist operational posts.
Conservation jobs in Scotland can be based in the public, private or charity sector. Many of Scotland’s historic buildings are publicly owned or managed by a charity. With so many castles, forts and houses to choose from there are always openings for experienced development officers, operations managers and conservation officers.
If your specialism lies in outdoor preservation or countryside services Scotland offers some of the best career opportunities in the UK. Being home to two national parks and plenty of vast estates, there is high demand for rangers, wardens and other outdoor-based roles.
Within conservation there are also openings for consultants and seasoned professionals who are experts in very specific areas. This includes wildlife scientists, vets and engineers as well as people skilled in ancient trades such as stonemasonry or making stained glass windows.
For those interested in breaking into the conservation sector in Scotland volunteering is by far the most popular and productive route. Many conservation bodies rely on volunteers to help keep large estates, parks and historic buildings open. Joining a local conservation group is also a good idea and is a great way to build upon your existing contacts.
Covering so many different areas, the conservation sector in Scotland offers a huge number of opportunities. To find out more about the current positions available search Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
For the latest conservation jobs in Scotland find them here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- Very Quick Fire Q & A with Big Phil Campion
- Here we touch base with Phil Campion .Phil served with distinction in combat operations around the globe as a soldier in the regular Armed Forces -Royal ...
- Top 5 Tips To Recruit Bright Candidates
- Hiring top talent takes a mix of imagination as well as diligence. Innovation makes it less complicated than ever before to publish your task posts to a broad audience-- but to ...
- From a few years Back-Dangerous Jobs in Scotland
- Going to work for many of us is a procedure we do day to day, year to year with the thought of being injured or killed never crossing our minds throughout our working lives. The ...
- Working for Free -An Option you will take ?
- Only a few years ago the idea of working for nothing would have seemed ludicrous. If people wanted work experience, an apprenticeship or trainee scheme was usually the best way to ...