If you are interested in working in conservation Scotland makes the ideal base. Throughout the country there are plenty of conservation positions available – including managerial roles and specialist operational posts.
Conservation jobs in Scotland can be based in the public, private or charity sector. Many of Scotland’s historic buildings are publicly owned or managed by a charity. With so many castles, forts and houses to choose from there are always openings for experienced development officers, operations managers and conservation officers.
If your specialism lies in outdoor preservation or countryside services Scotland offers some of the best career opportunities in the UK. Being home to two national parks and plenty of vast estates, there is high demand for rangers, wardens and other outdoor-based roles.
Within conservation there are also openings for consultants and seasoned professionals who are experts in very specific areas. This includes wildlife scientists, vets and engineers as well as people skilled in ancient trades such as stonemasonry or making stained glass windows.
For those interested in breaking into the conservation sector in Scotland volunteering is by far the most popular and productive route. Many conservation bodies rely on volunteers to help keep large estates, parks and historic buildings open. Joining a local conservation group is also a good idea and is a great way to build upon your existing contacts.
Covering so many different areas, the conservation sector in Scotland offers a huge number of opportunities. To find out more about the current positions available search Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
For the latest conservation jobs in Scotland find them here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- Having a Successful Job Interview
- There is often a sense of fear and trepidation surrounding the dreaded interview. Nerves bubble to the surface and our minds thrust into overdrive. We begin to mull over the worst ...
- A Day In The Life of An Events and Marketing Campaign Manager
- Complimentary tickets are often controversial too. Finalists are required to book them and provide card details. The line usually is that “Card details will have to be taken as a ...
- Working at EE Greenock
- Take EE’s quiz below to find out whether you’re Sales or Customer Service. Then head to jobs.ee.co.uk/greenock to apply to the role that’s right for you!...
- Working at EE in Greenock
- Think you know sales? Think again… To work in sales you have to be brash and arrogant, right? Wrong. Here at EE, sales is an integral part of our business and we’re always ...