If you are interested in working in conservation Scotland makes the ideal base. Throughout the country there are plenty of conservation positions available – including managerial roles and specialist operational posts.
Conservation jobs in Scotland can be based in the public, private or charity sector. Many of Scotland’s historic buildings are publicly owned or managed by a charity. With so many castles, forts and houses to choose from there are always openings for experienced development officers, operations managers and conservation officers.
If your specialism lies in outdoor preservation or countryside services Scotland offers some of the best career opportunities in the UK. Being home to two national parks and plenty of vast estates, there is high demand for rangers, wardens and other outdoor-based roles.
Within conservation there are also openings for consultants and seasoned professionals who are experts in very specific areas. This includes wildlife scientists, vets and engineers as well as people skilled in ancient trades such as stonemasonry or making stained glass windows.
For those interested in breaking into the conservation sector in Scotland volunteering is by far the most popular and productive route. Many conservation bodies rely on volunteers to help keep large estates, parks and historic buildings open. Joining a local conservation group is also a good idea and is a great way to build upon your existing contacts.
Covering so many different areas, the conservation sector in Scotland offers a huge number of opportunities. To find out more about the current positions available search Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
For the latest conservation jobs in Scotland find them here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- Improving Concentration and Focus at Work
- A study conducted by Microsoft (2015) suggests that the average attention span of any human being is 8 seconds. Not 8 hours. Not even 8 minutes. That figure has been in decline ...
- A Career in Online Sales
- With Cyber Mondays and Black Fridays and sales all year round, shoppers are in the constant frenzy for consumer spending. The development of the online sales sector, hugely ...
- Employment Contracts in the UK
- Before accepting a job offer, it is essential to fully understand the employment contract; to know whether you are a full-time employee or on a zero-hour contract (and to know the ...
- Bupa’s Peripatetic Nurses in Scotland
- The life of a Bupa Peripatetic Nurse in Scotland Ready for your next challenge in nursing? Ever considered becoming a Peripatetic Nurse for Bupa? We’re currently looking for ...