If you are interested in working in conservation Scotland makes the ideal base. Throughout the country there are plenty of conservation positions available – including managerial roles and specialist operational posts.
Conservation jobs in Scotland can be based in the public, private or charity sector. Many of Scotland’s historic buildings are publicly owned or managed by a charity. With so many castles, forts and houses to choose from there are always openings for experienced development officers, operations managers and conservation officers.
If your specialism lies in outdoor preservation or countryside services Scotland offers some of the best career opportunities in the UK. Being home to two national parks and plenty of vast estates, there is high demand for rangers, wardens and other outdoor-based roles.
Within conservation there are also openings for consultants and seasoned professionals who are experts in very specific areas. This includes wildlife scientists, vets and engineers as well as people skilled in ancient trades such as stonemasonry or making stained glass windows.
For those interested in breaking into the conservation sector in Scotland volunteering is by far the most popular and productive route. Many conservation bodies rely on volunteers to help keep large estates, parks and historic buildings open. Joining a local conservation group is also a good idea and is a great way to build upon your existing contacts.
Covering so many different areas, the conservation sector in Scotland offers a huge number of opportunities. To find out more about the current positions available search Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
For the latest conservation jobs in Scotland find them here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- Land That Dream Job
- There’s unlikely to be few feelings worse than getting up miserable at the beginning of the week because you have to go do a job you hate. Here are some ways to avoid that and ...
- Work Experience and it's Importance for you and your CV
- The current job market is becoming increasingly competitive and a degree and a good interview on their own is not enough. Internships and work experience are becoming more and ...
- Ever Thought of Teaching English as Foreign Language
- Have you ever thought of teaching English as a foreign language .Here we touch base with Dylan Blyth who has just done that in China . Was it always your ambition to ...
- Office Party Season ..Again
- As the famous line goes …”IT’S’CHRISTMASSSS “ yes it is nearly upon us again.It seems to come along quicker each year .It also the green light for the office and worksparty season ...