Looking for a catering job in Scotland? Then no matter where you are in your career you’re sure to find a position that suits you down to the ground.
In cities and towns throughout Scotland there is a constant demand for experienced restaurant staff used to coping with big crowds. Whether you are a chef, barista or kitchen porter there are always positions available.
Some roles in the catering industry can be seasonal in nature, particularly if you specialise in front-of-house duties. During the busy summer months many companies take on extra staff to cater for big events such as weddings. As catering positions can often be part-time this can be an ideal way to supplement your income with a second job.
For those interested in a kitchen-based role be prepared to work long hours in hot conditions. Many employers are looking for skilled professionals who have a combination of both qualifications and experience. A sous chef, junior chef or chef de partie will certainly be expected to have some experience in a busy commercial kitchen. Meanwhile head chefs will have to devise tempting menus and be prepared to update their dishes on a regular basis.
Working your way up is by far the most common way to break into the catering industry. Not only does it show you’re enthusiastic, it gives you experience of different roles within the sector. For more information on the latest catering roles available in Scotland search the Scotjobsnet.co.uk catering jobs below.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
Find all the latest catering jobs in Scotland here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- The More Unusual Jobs of the World
- You might think your 9-5 is challenging. Maybe you come into the office faced with an Everest of paperwork or have hours of back-breaking labour ahead. But do you ever come into ...
- A Blast from the Past - Scotjobsnet on You Tube
- Here is our promo video from 2007 for Scotjobnet ,then known as scottishjobsonthe.net ( we decided to shorten the domain for obvious reasons ,of the original being a bit long ) ...
- Improving Concentration and Focus at Work
- A study conducted by Microsoft (2015) suggests that the average attention span of any human being is 8 seconds. Not 8 hours. Not even 8 minutes. That figure has been in decline ...
- A Career in Online Sales
- With Cyber Mondays and Black Fridays and sales all year round, shoppers are in the constant frenzy for consumer spending. The development of the online sales sector, hugely ...