Looking for a catering job in Scotland? Then no matter where you are in your career you’re sure to find a position that suits you down to the ground.
In cities and towns throughout Scotland there is a constant demand for experienced restaurant staff used to coping with big crowds. Whether you are a chef, barista or kitchen porter there are always positions available.
Some roles in the catering industry can be seasonal in nature, particularly if you specialise in front-of-house duties. During the busy summer months many companies take on extra staff to cater for big events such as weddings. As catering positions can often be part-time this can be an ideal way to supplement your income with a second job.
For those interested in a kitchen-based role be prepared to work long hours in hot conditions. Many employers are looking for skilled professionals who have a combination of both qualifications and experience. A sous chef, junior chef or chef de partie will certainly be expected to have some experience in a busy commercial kitchen. Meanwhile head chefs will have to devise tempting menus and be prepared to update their dishes on a regular basis.
Working your way up is by far the most common way to break into the catering industry. Not only does it show you’re enthusiastic, it gives you experience of different roles within the sector. For more information on the latest catering roles available in Scotland search the Scotjobsnet.co.uk catering jobs below.
No jobs found, please try amending your criteria.
Find all the latest catering jobs in Scotland here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
0 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 0.
- Working Full Time and Studying -how to juggle both Successfully
- For anyone who is currently in work and is also pursuing out of hours education or research for a diploma or degree , effective use of your Time is key .So you can earn and ...
- A Day in the Life of a Head Librarian
- And I’m not sure you’ll wantto look at poetry; am surprisedwhen the pirate behind your fiery eyeslets me help you choose a Douglas Dunnto add to your collection.(Extract from ...
- Life as a Travel Counsellor in Scotland
- In our regular series of speaking to industry professionals , here we speak to Milngavie based Lesley Hill of Travel Counsellors abour her career and experiences within the travel ...
- A Day in the Life of a Lawyer
- Josephine Van Lierop is a Senior Associate at Slater and Gordon UK, specialising in Employment Law. She has gained over fifteen years of valuable experience practicing law across ...