Ayrshire Jobs - Find jobs in Ayrshire
Ayrshire on the West Coast of Scotland has a total population of around 340,000 (North,East and South Ayrshire) with it's prinicipal towns of Ayr, Kimarnock and Irvine. Today Ayrshire's economy provides around 82,000 jobs, they are in the following sectors - 33% are in the Public sector, 15% retail trade and around 14% in tourism.
Ayrshire after the de-industrialisation period in the 19th and 20th Century was blighted by high unemployment and limited opportunities. Examples included the end of deep cast coal mining with 14,000 coal miners employed and at it's peak Ayrshire had over 100 coal mines. Shipbuilding and the fishing industry were also integral to the local economy along with the textile and weaving industries which all became obsolete.
The modern Ayrshire now is a place for investment and has experienced the creation of new jobs within the modern service industries. Leading Contact centre companies including Teleperformance and Webhelp UK have large call centres in Kilmarnock supplying over 1000 permanent jobs on full and part time basis.
The region is also one of Scotland's most visited areas as a tourist destination with many sporting and historical attractions and beauty spots. Ayrshire has witnessed growth year on year to the region of visitor numbers, causing a simultaneous job growth in the tourism and associated sectors. A favourite location within the region is the Isle of Arran which can be reached by ferry from Ardrossan and has many hotels on restaurants for the tourist. Golf in Ayrshire is also world renowned and attracts golfers from around the globe, courses such as Royal Troon, Prestwick and Turnberry are Championship courses and past venues for the British Open. Turnberry is owned by American Tycoon and President Donald Trump and is an exclusive golf resort creating many hundreds of new jobs in catering, hospitality and leisure sectors. The hospitality industry is important to the region because of it's coastal location as a whole with nearly 70 hotels employing permanent and seasonal staff.
Like other regions in Scotland the public sector remains the biggest employer - North,East and South Ayrshire Council's are the largest employers along with the NHS in Ayrshire. The regions education sector with Ayrshire college, a further education establishment, having campuses in both Ayr and Kilmarnock employs lecturers and affiliated support and administration staff.
Within the private sector the retail industry is a significant provider of jobs with shopping hubs in Ayr, Kilmarnock, and Irvine.
The modern Ayrshire is now on the up with employment opportunities. For all the latest jobs in Kilmarnock ,Ayr ,Irvine and across Ayrshire you will find them here on Scotjobsnet.
Click on the Details/Apply button next to each job to see the full posting, or check the boxes next to the jobs that interest you and click View Selected to see several jobs together. You may also add one or more jobs to your Wish List by clicking on the check boxes next to them and then clicking Add to Wish List.
116 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 10.
Find all the latest jobs in Ayrshire here on Scotjobsnet.co.uk.
116 Jobs found, viewing matches 1 - 10.
- Working Full Time and Studying -how to juggle both Successfully
- For anyone who is currently in work and is also pursuing out of hours education or research for a diploma or degree , effective use of your Time is key .So you can earn and ...
- A Day in the Life of a Head Librarian
- And I’m not sure you’ll wantto look at poetry; am surprisedwhen the pirate behind your fiery eyeslets me help you choose a Douglas Dunnto add to your collection.(Extract from ...
- Life as a Travel Counsellor in Scotland
- In our regular series of speaking to industry professionals , here we speak to Milngavie based Lesley Hill of Travel Counsellors abour her career and experiences within the travel ...
- A Day in the Life of a Lawyer
- Josephine Van Lierop is a Senior Associate at Slater and Gordon UK, specialising in Employment Law. She has gained over fifteen years of valuable experience practicing law across ...